Author Topic: Bay Area Neopolitan  (Read 8670 times)

Offline MotoMannequin

• My Photography Website
Re: Bay Area Neopolitan
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2015, 01:57:42 AM »
A pizza from last night: This year is my first attempt at salt-curing meyer lemons from our lemon tree, and this was my first attempt at using them. They taste like... really fresh lemons. The pizza has the salt-cured lemons, buffalo mozzarella, shallots, Calabrian chiles, EVOO, black pepper, and microgreens added post-bake. Dough was Caputo "00" flour, 67% hydration, Ischia Island sourdough culture, and 3% sea salt. It went about 60 hours in my wine cellar at 59F. Cooked about 90" on the Blackstone.

Offline aspendos

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2015, 03:30:10 AM »
Wow. Perfect neapolitan pies. By the way which brand of photo camera do you use? I want to buy me a good camera on these days

Offline mitchjg

• Supporting Member
« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2015, 09:02:55 AM »
A pizza from last night: This year is my first attempt at salt-curing meyer lemons from our lemon tree, and this was my first attempt at using them. They taste like... really fresh lemons. The pizza has the salt-cured lemons, buffalo mozzarella, shallots, Calabrian chiles, EVOO, black pepper, and microgreens added post-bake. Dough was Caputo "00" flour, 67% hydration, Ischia Island sourdough culture, and 3% sea salt. It went about 60 hours in my wine cellar at 59F. Cooked about 90" on the Blackstone.

That pie looks to be truly outstanding!  Great job, looking forward to seeing more soon.... 8)
Mitch

Offline MotoMannequin

• My Photography Website
« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2015, 11:26:10 AM »
Wow. Perfect neapolitan pies. By the way which brand of photo camera do you use? I want to buy me a good camera on these days

Thanks! I shoot Nikon when I'm serious, but the photos on this thread are a mix of Nikon and iPhone  :-[

Offline MotoMannequin

• My Photography Website
« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2015, 11:27:07 AM »
That pie looks to be truly outstanding!  Great job, looking forward to seeing more soon.... 8)

Thanks Mitch! Can't wait for Saturday 8) just fed my Ischia and will make dough this afternoon...

Offline dylandylan

« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2015, 12:21:25 PM »
Beautiful pie Larry!    I love lemon but haven't yet tried it on pizza for some reason, might have to do something about that.

Offline MotoMannequin

• My Photography Website
« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2015, 02:50:04 AM »
Thanks Dylan! I was somewhat inspired by the Keste smoked mozz & lemon pizza but I had some bufffalo mozzarella I needed to use up so no smoked this time.

My lemons are from my own tree and salt cured as in:
http://www.nwedible.com/salt-preserved-meyer-lemons/
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/02/salt-preserved-meyer-lemons.html