Author Topic: My first try at a Chicago thin crust pizza  (Read 1779 times)

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Re: My first try at a Chicago thin crust pizza
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2013, 11:54:12 PM »
If redox isusing novembers red sauce #2 (or whatever its called), the herbs and spices are moistened and nuked for 2 min at 30%.  so redox likely means Microwave Assisted Extraction.  :chef:
Good eye....and memory CDNpielover, thank you.!  :-[
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline mrmojo1

• Supporting Member
  • pizza sans frontières
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2013, 12:37:26 AM »
thanks gang! I learned a bunch of new stuff tonight!

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2013, 06:55:48 AM »
thanks gang! I learned a bunch of new stuff tonight!

Terry,

FYI, I have been collecting acronyms and abbreviations at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,20056.msg196875.html#msg196875.

Peter

Offline Garvey

• I wish could have pizza every day.
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2013, 08:20:57 AM »
redox, I use a real basic diluted puree with only several different spices.
I can tell by looking at the recipe, Garvey's sauce would serve you well. There are a couple items on there you could probably omit if you don't have them and I'm sure it will still be great(the paparica and marjoram). Hope Garvey doesn't get mad at me tinkering with his recipe, I'm just trying to make this easier for you to try. Also, you could use a little extra oregano if you don't have the "Italian Seasoning blend"
http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,17662.msg171274.html#msg171274

Obviously, everyone is free to make whatever sauce they wish, but I will say this:
1. If you don't already have paprika in your kitchen, there's something wrong with you (sez the Eastern European in me).     ;D
2. If you're not familiar with marjoram, then you owe it to yourself to get to know it.  It has a floral quality that its cousin oregano does not.
3. But if you don't have these things or just wanna go your own way, that's cool.  Just look at the sheer amount of spices in the recipe--the herbal bomb--to get a good idea of how this style should generally go (IMO).   :)

Cheers,
Garvey

Offline mrmojo1

• Supporting Member
  • pizza sans frontières
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2013, 11:12:47 AM »
Terry,

FYI, I have been collecting acronyms and abbreviations at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,20056.msg196875.html#msg196875.

Peter

thanks so much Pete!

Offline kramer73

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 12:12:44 PM »
redox, I use a real basic diluted puree with only several different spices.
I can tell by looking at the recipe, Garvey's sauce would serve you well. There are a couple items on there you could probably omit if you don't have them and I'm sure it will still be great(the paparica and marjoram). Hope Garvey doesn't get mad at me tinkering with his recipe, I'm just trying to make this easier for you to try. Also, you could use a little extra oregano if you don't have the "Italian Seasoning blend"

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,17662.msg171274.html#msg171274

I use Garvey's recipe almost exclusively now.

Offline CDNpielover

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2013, 02:55:21 PM »
I think pretty much any kitchen would have the spices listed in Garvey's sauce recipe.  and IIRC, November's red sauce #2 has far more ingredients - like 10 or 12, doesn't it?

Offline redox

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2013, 03:15:02 PM »
To all:
Sorry I didn't get back sooner, the sauce I referred to is here: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,3735.msg32136.html#msg32136
You have to make sure you don't get the mixture of spices too hot so if you don't know you microwave's wattage or it is a bit older and the magnetron has aged and is less powerful you need to calculate your nuker's power. A google search will reveal how to do it.
I used 6 in 1 tomatoes. It was very good but a pain to do. I'll try Garvey's sauce next and hope I like that one just fine as it is easier to make.

Offline redox

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2013, 03:21:08 PM »
Btw, I just got back from Costco and they had Premio sausage but in 6 Lb packages, more than I can reasonably use or freeze. I'll look at Walmart the next time I swing by that way.