Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 519 times)

Offline mcgrane

Introduction
« on: February 28, 2013, 08:14:26 PM »
Hey people !
Just saying hello, im new here and am living in ireland.
Cant wait to learn something new :)

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 11:32:53 AM »
Welcome to the forum. I see Peter has given you some good flour references. Enjoy and learn then bake and eat! :pizza:

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline Pizzaboyo

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 02:27:08 PM »
Hey people !
Just saying hello, im new here and am living in ireland.
Cant wait to learn something new :)
Welcome Mcgrane, I'm a Kilkennyman myself  ;D enjoy the journey.
An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto one blade of grass and not fall off the face of the earth.

Offline mcgrane

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 09:34:40 PM »
Thanks lads! Didnt mean to be ignorent here.. forgot to check back. Pizzaboyo is a fitting name for a killkenny man :P Im currently in college in Carlow, so not so far off. Since you are in my area, do you mind me asking where you get your flour from ?? Pete helped me loads on the other post, and evan found some flour i didnt see on tesco with high gluten.. but when i actually went there.. it was nowhere to be found.. i then went to dunnes / aldi / lidl / super-value and still couldnt get any :S

Offline Pizzaboyo

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 04:15:10 PM »
I now use Doves Farm Organic Strong White Bread Flour from superquinn on the advice of Scott123 it has the highest protein at 12.5 that I could find and scott says odlums strong white bread flour is useless. I switched recently and have a huge difference in my dough its like eating a pillow with a nice crust now  ;D only difference I find is there is not as much browning so last week I doubled the amount of honey and it was fine (by my standards)
An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto one blade of grass and not fall off the face of the earth.

Offline mcgrane

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 05:20:14 PM »
The only one i didnt try :P Thanks man!.. iv been using the odlums strong so far, iv just made a pritty tasty pizza from it.. so cant wait to try with this !