Author Topic: Looking for Itialian/Pizza specialty store in CT  (Read 566 times)

Offline polishpizza

• New Haven Style Thin Crust Mobile Pizza - We Bring The Party To You, Not Just The Pizza!
Looking for Itialian/Pizza specialty store in CT
« on: February 17, 2013, 03:04:28 PM »
Anyone know of any specialty store in CT that caters to the pizza making realm?  Looking for professional dough boxes, pizza tools, etc.  Not Restaurant Depot.
Polack trying to make pizza

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
Re: Looking for Itialian/Pizza specialty store in CT
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 03:18:09 PM »
Chef's Equipment in Wallingford has all those things, it's restaurant supply, not pizza exclusive.  I saw a commercial the other day that they had opened a store in Orange which would be closer for you.    I know of a store in Waterbury , I can find the name if you are interested.  

You can also pm John C -- jconk007 to see what he has - I know peels and I think mixers & dough boxes?  

Offline jusapena

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 01:28:09 PM »
Sorrento's Importing in Bridgeport at the corner of Main St. and Capital Ave. has all the pizza ingredients you could hope for. Not much in the way of equipment but everything from imported flours, probably 20 different kinds of caned tomatoes, local artisan and imported cheeses, cured / dried meats, they will even custom grind fresh sausage to your recipe. One of the last old time Italian butchers with gems hidden all over the store. Meat and cheese hanging from the ceiling, fifty different olive oils, prepared meats, a wall of every pasta shape known, it would be worth your 20 min ride just avoid Sundays.

Offline polishpizza

• New Haven Style Thin Crust Mobile Pizza - We Bring The Party To You, Not Just The Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 08:39:25 AM »
Thank you very much, I'll check them out.  I was looking for something wholesale as my efforts will now be towards a mobile biz but I live about 10 minutes away so I'll check him out...thanks again.
Polack trying to make pizza