Author Topic: Did I get the wrong flour?  (Read 2169 times)

Offline tombiasi

Re: Did I get the wrong flour?
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2013, 03:39:45 PM »

Follow the link from my previous reply it's a pdf of the spec sheet.

OK, but I figured the guys here would want technical specs not nutritional specs.

Offline Smokepit

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2013, 05:08:51 PM »
OK, but I figured the guys here would want technical specs not nutritional specs.

See, thats how much of a noob I am, I didn't know there was a difference. Ill see what I can come up with. What will the technical specs tell you that the nutritional one doesn't?

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2013, 05:15:30 PM »

Tom,

Actually the specs that Smokepit provided are quite good, and better than most. And quite typical. For example, here is a typical General Mills spec sheet for a flour with characteristics similar to the Bouncer flour: http://www.professionalbakingsolutions.com/product/remarkable-flour-bleached-bromated-enriched-malted-50-lb/57122000?mct=Flour&ct=pizza&typ=Category. About the only thing in the GM spec sheet that is not in the Bouncer spec sheet is the falling number. That might have value for some people but I don't know what other information one would need beyond the spec sheets cited in order to assess a particular flour.

Peter

Offline tombiasi

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2013, 07:47:51 PM »
Tom,

Actually the specs that Smokepit provided are quite good, and better than most. And quite typical. For example, here is a typical General Mills spec sheet for a flour with characteristics similar to the Bouncer flour: http://www.professionalbakingsolutions.com/product/remarkable-flour-bleached-bromated-enriched-malted-50-lb/57122000?mct=Flour&ct=pizza&typ=Category. About the only thing in the GM spec sheet that is not in the Bouncer spec sheet is the falling number. That might have value for some people but I don't know what other information one would need beyond the spec sheets cited in order to assess a particular flour.

Peter

If you guys can use it then I stand corrected.

Offline Smokepit

Re: Re: Did I get the wrong flour?
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2013, 11:59:02 PM »
Well I got to try this new flour out tonight and was pleased with the results. The only bad thing was even after being out of the fridge for 2 hours the dough still seemed quite cold and hard to work with, but I managed. I made enough for 2, 14" pies, bulk rise for 24 hrs in the fridge, then scaled and balled in separate oiled containers on the counter for about 2 hrs. The taste was very good and the rim turned out like I have been trying to get all along, foldable, but slightly crispy, and full of air pockets. Well I guess the pics will have to wait till morning, can't figure out how to post them from my phone with the tapatalk app.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2013, 12:31:19 AM »
tether...
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Smokepit

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2013, 12:09:54 AM »
Ok here's the pics. I think I'm going to cut back a little bit on the yeast. After only 24 hours in the fridge it was more then doubled in size, ands when I scaled it into 2 balls I had bubbles popping out everywhere. Just realized I didn't get any pics of the individual balls.

pizzapan