Author Topic: Want to TRY a small amount of ALL Trumps flour?  (Read 1088 times)

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
Want to TRY a small amount of ALL Trumps flour?
« on: March 07, 2013, 06:09:57 PM »
Just ordered 5lbs of All Trumps High gluten flour. $3.19 for just under 5lbs. This is sold bulk in that size bag.

https://farmmarket.shady-maple.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=page.searchResults&CFID=36153690&CFTOKEN=52288948

click for larger view Dutch Valley Foods
High Gluten - All Trumps Flour

Product #: 208193

Number in Stock: 97

Price: $3.19

[Read Reviews] [Write A Review]

[Add to Wishlist]
ships immediately 
High Gluten All Trumps Flour This flour has a high gluten content that makes it great for baking breads and pizza crusts. This flour is not recommended for baking cakes, cookies or muffins.

Ingredients - wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, potassium bromate, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid. Product information/materials may change.

Approximately 4.58 lb.

Shipping for me was high, cause I live near the Pacific ocean but much less than #25 lb.

Mark
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 06:18:42 PM by mkevenson »
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline PizzaAlaJoey

• I feel a carb-coma onsetting.
Re: Want to TRY a small amount of ALL Trumps flour?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 05:39:00 AM »
I think I may be interested. I was wondering: is high gluten flour preferable or not? I read enough people on other forums saying that it causes the flour to not spread well. I was thinking "Wth? I just thought that getting KABF was supposed to take things up to the next knotch and now these people are contradicting this?"

Offline bbqchuck

Re: Want to TRY a small amount of ALL Trumps flour?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 03:39:59 PM »
For me to get a bag from them to Socal, it's $16 shipping plus the $3.  :o

I think King Arthur Bread Flour or General Mills Best for Bread flour is a more reasonable solution for me.  I also know of a source in L.A. for a 50 lb bag of King Arthur Sir Lancelot hi-gluten flour, but I'm looking for someone locally to split it with.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 03:46:07 PM by bbqchuck »

pizzapan