Author Topic: New Forno Classico Piccolo  (Read 2842 times)

Offline sdarrow

New Forno Classico Piccolo
« on: March 09, 2013, 07:06:16 PM »
Just brought home today and excited to take it for a test drive tonight. Was already cured so it is ready to go. I leave near the factory so Guiseppe and his team (along with help from a friend) installed. Took some time getting in the back yard and over the lawn but there were no issues. Quality of the oven is outstanding and Guiseppe was great to work with. This is my first WFO so excited to start the learning curve.

Offline csafranek

Re: New Forno Classico Piccolo
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 08:03:41 PM »
Congrats. I'm sure you will love it. Can't wait to see your pizzas!

Offline sdarrow

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 09:37:20 AM »
On my first use last weekend, I forgot to take pictures of my first pizzas. I am sure that might be grounds for being baned from this site but I did remember last night. This is the 2nd time I have done pizza, did beer can chicken this weekend as well.

All went well but had to use my "back up dough" as my first attempt at sour dough NP did not get enough activity by the time I was cooking. Anyway, my family is already worried about my obsession!

Stan

Offline oknewell

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 02:18:45 PM »
Great looking Pizzas!  That veggie one has me :drool:

Offline pnicefor

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 02:32:57 PM »
Stan, thanks for the info.  How is the oven. I am looking to purchase the same oven, style, colors  etc.  Can you tell me more about the oven.? Is it insulated, does it retain heat well. How is the stand, is it sturdy.
The pizza looks great. 

Thanks.
EXCERCISE
EX ● ER ● CISE
EX ● AR ● SIZE
EGGS ● ARE ● SIDES
FOR BACON

Offline Morgan

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 04:04:30 PM »
Very nice looking oven (love the design) and it is portable also. How much does this badboy weight ?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 02:29:29 AM by Morgan »

Offline sdarrow

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 05:42:25 PM »
Have been very happy with the oven. Very good insulation. It heats up for pizza in about an hour. I have taken some temps the morning after (door closed over night) and it was still at about 300 on the floor. Stand is very good, not worried about it unless we have a good EQ here in Ca.

I did not weigh it but with the tile finish, I think the weight has got to be close to 500lbs. Would not call it real portable but it can be moved around with a lift. Good specs on it can be found at Forno Classico web site. I have only down Pizza so far and some beer can chickens. Did the chickens without any wood left in the oven and cooked for about and hour and fifteen with no temp drop.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Offline pnicefor

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 03:39:21 PM »
It looks great.  I am in the market for one.   I settled on forno classico.  Are you happy with the size of the oven?  I am anxious about buying one but have doubts. Do you have any pros or cons regarding the oven or the company?

EXCERCISE
EX ● ER ● CISE
EX ● AR ● SIZE
EGGS ● ARE ● SIDES
FOR BACON

Offline sdarrow

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 06:11:42 PM »
Sorry for the delay in responding. For some reason I did not get an email notification. Anyway, very happy with the quality of the WFO. Guiseppe was great to work with. As I live near where they are built, he helped me load and then get it to the back yard, which was not easy task. He even offered to come over and cook with me.

As for the size, it works fine for me. Have not had any issues with being to close to the fire. Can only do one pizza at a time but when it is only in for 60-90 seconds, not a big deal and I do not have large parties. Only takes about an hour to get up to temp. Going to be firing it up tonight for a few pizzas followed by a beer can chicken once it cools down a little.

Offline Woodfiredovenpizzero

• Nothing like a WFO Pizza in the backyard!
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 09:03:53 PM »
Congratulations Stan, I'm in the "Piccolo club" as well. Would like to see the chicken pics.

Edgar

Offline sdarrow

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 08:44:33 AM »
Hi Edger,

I bet your shipping costs were more than mine :). I did happen to take a picture of the beer can chicken last night so I could snow our pizza dinner guests now it turned out. I love chicken and hate to have the heat go to waste. Will use it for lunches. I take all the wood out and just cook with retained heat, door closed. Rotate occasionally. I set it right on the floor and let the drippings create steam. Try to let over cool down to around 500 on the floor.

Offline pnicefor

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 07:41:21 PM »
Thanks.  Awesome,  I love the oven, I might order the oven this week.  It seems so sweet.  I am in ny, so the shipping is high as well as the cost of the oven.
EXCERCISE
EX ● ER ● CISE
EX ● AR ● SIZE
EGGS ● ARE ● SIDES
FOR BACON

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 09:52:12 PM »
Close to $600  :( but enjoying every minute  ;D. Very nice your beer chicken. This oven is very versatile. The last bird I cook was last Thanksgiving turkey. I thing I posted a picture somewere here.

Edgar

Offline Morgan

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 05:14:16 AM »
This would be ideal design for me, but shipping is not a option. There has to be someone who has made a copy of this oven ?
Doesn't seem like it would be very hard to make.

Offline sdarrow

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2013, 08:53:34 AM »
Hi Morgan,

All mfgs will ship anywere, if the check clears ;D. Not cheep as Edgar said. Heck, he is in Costa Rica. I don't know about making one like it. Sure it can be done but I would not call it simple.

Offline tuckerdog99

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013, 11:02:27 AM »
Hi
Chicken looks great  :drool:
Curious what type of cookware use in the oven?
Obviously must be heat resistant to fairly high Temps.
Any sources would be appreciated as well
Thanks in advance
Michael

Offline sdarrow

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 12:52:52 PM »
Hi Michael,

I am still learning but most cooking, other than Pizza is not done at real high temps. I stared the chicken when the floor was about 500 degrees and cooked it right on the floor in the beer can rack. Can also be cooked in an clay type pot but I have not done that yet.

Offline tuckerdog99

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 02:10:34 PM »
Thanks for the response
Good point

Don"t think a turkey would do well at 900 degrees.

Could see maybe roasting Vegetables at a high heat

Continue to enjoy your new oven
Michael

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2013, 09:42:01 PM »
Find this picture of the turkey in the Piccolo...

Offline sdarrow

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2013, 11:23:48 PM »
That Turkey looks outstanding! Was that from your turkey last thanksgiving that you talked about or anotherone you did? Have not done a turkey yet but this inspires me.

Stan Darrow