Author Topic: Pizza Expo 2014  (Read 4637 times)

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: Pizza Expo 2014
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2014, 09:25:14 PM »
Thanks guys  not too organized myself The Mobile is kicking in to full gear I actually got in from Vegas at 11:00pm  thursday night and to avoid a 18 hr dough I made dough thursday at  midnight so I could bulk for 6-8 hours and then ball for a full day and serve on Saturday afternooon !
Anyway it was a very busy show for me at the booth and I was only able to make several limited Jaunts around the local booths Fortunatley we were set up right on the gold coast and Manzo foods (San felice) was there as well as Polselli flour (one of my new Favs.) and they were serving neapolitan pies all day  :P I could grab a fresh slice of each flour Margherita and take a bite of each to compare Not often you get to do that ! Highlight was working with Jeff Varasano He went over his starter with me and baked off ( out of his round tupperware Containers) some Killer pies in the sub par woodstone. He used eletric ovens at his shops Atlanta airport new location is CRANKIN said even he had to wait to get a oizza there last time. He is planning a very aggressive expansion as well !
Hers a few shts of  our booth and whatever.
Always god to see Larry , arty , meet Dave and a bunch of my mobile forum friends all stopped by to say hello. Funny story on the monorail monday night I thought I would try it I sit with one other person who sees my badge  and say are you John C.. Yep sure enough it was Ankur who is also friend with Larry we chatted pizza for quite a while small world !
John
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 09:52:43 PM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2014, 09:41:13 PM »
Most are not allowed in to see the caos just 12 hours before the doors open ! It really is amazing how they pull these shows together I stubbed around before openong and grabbed some shots of the new High tech equip . Ferris wheel oven with stone deck ! By Picard  and conveyor oven with ceramic tiles were 2 of my favorites
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 09:48:31 PM by JConk007 »

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2014, 09:47:46 PM »
Freinds Tony  and Jeff V  also after balling a few hundred every weekend I also liked the  dividers and rounders  ;)
Someday !!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 09:51:14 PM by JConk007 »

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2014, 11:27:29 AM »
Larry – Thanks for the great background and photos. 

I didn’t know that Pizza Rock was Tony’s place.  Bugger, opportunity missed!  I hid behind the excuse of ‘eating more pizza after eating pizza all day’ – but that’s weak like an overblown doughball.  I should have been there!

John – too funny about the monorail story.  That is some expression you caught on Tony, and Jeff is a little fuzzy, but a far greater disappointment is that I didn’t get a bite of that pie! :-D

Dave

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2014, 02:21:52 PM »
yes, Dave a pm.comer that cannot handle more pizza might be banned. that is why i did not bring it up :-D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 04:38:58 PM by Tampa »

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2014, 09:53:01 PM »
especially  a moderator!

pizzapan