Author Topic: Pizza Expo 2014  (Read 4271 times)

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Pizza Expo 2014
« on: March 09, 2013, 11:43:01 PM »
3/24 -3/27 Las Vegas!

https://www.pizzaexpo.com/
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 08:00:08 PM by Steve »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline gabaghool

• Lifetime Member
Re: pizza expo
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 01:49:34 PM »
Are you going, John?? 

My supplier is sending me their....I enjoyed it the last time....I hope to get more out of it this time.......wonder if anyone else here is going?????

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 09:38:44 PM »
OH Yes Nick  I will be there with Bells and whisltes !! ;D
I will be working at the Wood Fired Oven Bakers Booth #1857 with Ellie and would love to chat with any members who would like to stop in, all are welcome !! Please Com'on By!!
We will Have  Acunto ovens, Both Gianni and Mario, Desmond Prep Tables,  Volano Flywheel slicers... and much more all on display. If anyone has any interest on any  products from our Website www.woodfiredovenbaker.com please let me know so I can offer you the PM.Com Discount  ;)
See you there !
John

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 05:10:53 PM »
john wrong dates!

Offline Smokey Dough

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 03:55:12 PM »
Is this a must show proof of restaurant ownership to attend  :'(  or is it open the public?  :)

I do not own a restaurant but would enjoy attending.

Tom

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 02:32:16 PM »
Tom, honestly they are not open to the public BUT, I went last year on the premise that I MAY wan't to invest in a pizzeria some day. They will gladly take your money and it is a good time. Go the the party!!!!!!!

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline Aimless Ryan

• Snarky
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 04:22:37 PM »
I've never been to Pizza Expo (even though I lived in Vegas for four years), but I have been to NAPICS a few times as the owner of Ryan's Imaginary Pizzeria. So my guess is that if you make something up, like I did, they're not gonna care. They want your money and as high of an attendance figure as possible because that gives them leverage to charge exhibitors more for space. They just don't want the general public showing up and making it miserable for legitimate attendees (which includes anyone who might read this).

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 09:37:23 AM »
So yes there is a registration booth there at the main entrance. where you can just sign up ans Pay as mentioned they are not going to turn yo away ! If someone really needs a ticket and has some interest in ( possibly  ;)) purchasing some pizza equipment I may be able to help with a ticket. 

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 10:18:22 AM »
I'll be there too as I'm on the program. My presentations are titled Time With The Dough Doctor, Tuesday, March 25 at 4:00 p.m. until ??? Then again on Wednesday, March 26 at 4:00 p.m. until ??? These are sometimes marathon sessions so we never know what time we might be asked to leave the room.
Pizza Expo is a great opportunity for anyone thinking about opening a pizza store in the future, or looking for reasons not to. You can easily get both perspectives from the many attendees and participants. And then there is all of the equipment and ingredients, just mind boggling! Be sure to bring along an extra bag to carry back all of the literature you will pick up on the show floor. I know many of you are interested in different flours, all of the flour suppliers (even Caputo) will be there to talk to you and give you literature on their many different types of flour available. Also, if you get a chance, try to sit in on some of the pizza competitions, and don't miss the Beer & Bull Session, this is an excellent opportunity to grab a couple beers and casually visit with owners and operators or pose some questions to the moderator.
If you don't enjoy the show it's only because you didn't attend.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor
By the way, the NAPICS Show (Columbus, Ohio) is also a great show to attend too, it is a smaller show than Pizza Expo, but it is less costly too for both getting into the show and attending the learning sessions, so if you're in the neighborhood, and can't make Pizza Expo, don't pass up the NAPICS Show.
Tom Lehmann/TDD

Offline gabaghool

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2014, 01:41:03 PM »
Tom
Im really looking forward to this year.  I REALLY want to pay attention to equipment and products... the last ime i was there it was all a blur..........i want to get a lot out of this this year....

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 04:52:36 PM »
 it would be nice if us pm.com members could meet and talk. if anyone wants to meet pm me. maybe we could do a late pizza dinner.

Offline JimmyMak

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2014, 05:41:38 PM »
My wife & I plan on attending the expo. Hpoe to see you

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2014, 06:02:19 PM »
Yes would be Happy to meet - greet -  and eat. ( pizza of course  ) Hoping everyone stops by the Wood Fired booth #1857 see ya then !
-John

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 02:37:43 PM »
 i called pizza rock Vegas and they have a private dinning area that could secure for a pm.com plus guests. i thought 9:30 Tuesday may work. any one want to go?? i pre- reserved a space and saved 6 neapolitan dough for the table.that is the only pizza that has limited availability.

Offline JimmyMak

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 05:28:43 PM »
Sounds great my wife & I will be there hope to see you & John before that. Starting to count it down.

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2014, 02:46:21 PM »
We will see you on Tuesday at the show. I just found out my son mike will be there with two others in the restaurant group he works for. So it will be a fun show!!!  Pm me your number so we can meet up.

Offline PizzaJerk

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 02:03:11 PM »
Too bad it's in Vegas, I would have loved to attend if it were in the Northeast. Speaking of which, John do you know of anything like this going on around the Tri-state area?

Regards,
Anthony
May I glorify the Lord in all that I do.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2014, 08:43:32 PM »
Nothing is like this its PIZZA to the Nth Degree  :o
There is a show in Chicago few weeks after and I believe there is some sort of Restrant type of show in NYC
will post when I hear something  I am trying to get to as many as possible now.
John

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2014, 10:15:09 PM »
I thought I read somewhere that there is a big show in Ohio...or am I making this up?...lol
Chaz

Offline PizzaJerk

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2014, 10:42:39 PM »
I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed for a show of this magnitude to show up in the Tri-state area. I'm deathly afraid of planes!

Anthony
May I glorify the Lord in all that I do.

pizzapan