Hi, I love all the helpful information posted on this site. I just got a new Wolf electric oven and have been making pretty decent pizzas in it do far. I am experimenting with whole wheat, trying to see how much I can use but still have it taste "white". My current recipe is based off Cooks Illustrated. How do I post photos?
1/4 cup warm water
1.5 cups room temp water
2 Tbl olive oil
1 cup KA bread flour
1 cup all purpose flour
2 cups KA white whole wheat flour
1.5 tsp salt
1. Sprinkle yeast on 1/4 cup warm water until it dissolves, 5 minutes. Add 1.5 cups water and 2 Tbl oil.
2. Slowly add almost all liquid to flour in food processor and pulse until ball forms, adding remaining water if necessary. Process until dough is smooth, about 30 seconds longer. Let sit for 10-20 minutes. Add salt and pulse until combined.
3. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead to form smooth round ball. Put into large oiled bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 500 degrees with baking stone on level 4.
5. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and cut into 4-8 pieces. From each piece into a ball and cover with a damp cloth.
6. Shape and stretch one piece at a time. Top with sauce, Parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Place on peel dusted with flour or cornmeal and bake 5 min until bubbly.