Author Topic: My Personal Introduction  (Read 250 times)

Offline sammybotz

• I Love Selling Pizza!
    • Salvatore's
My Personal Introduction
« on: March 13, 2013, 01:59:21 PM »
Hello,

My name is Salvatore and I come from Northport, New York. I was born and raised there and I am now 51 years old and for the last 5 years have been living in the Philippines.

My family was in the Restaurant business when I was younger but I never actually made the pizza's, that was my brothers job and everybody always kinda stayed out of his way so I never paid too much attention on how he made the pizza dough exactly. I used to help him lift the 60 quart bowl of dough out of the Hobart mixture and set it up on the counter, turn it over and pull it out with our hands. Then I would cut and weigh out the 16 oz. pieces he would roll and put into homemade wooden boxes. I think he would let them sit out for a bit before putting into the walk-in box but never paid attention to times and his exact procedures for making the dough. I was just a teenager back then.

I will be asking for assistance on this forum to help me make a good pizza dough over here in the Philippines. I am getting a new home oven for now because that's all I can afford but I can fit a 16" round pizza in there. I would like to make New York style pizza dough.

Anyways I guess that's good enough of an introduction and I'll get to posting and hopefully you professionals can give me some pizza dough making tips.

Thanks again for reading this if you did and nice to meet you all, Salvatore

Offline Bobino414

• Supporting Member
Re: My Personal Introduction
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 10:39:19 PM »

Welcome Sal