Author Topic: Source for mail order Stanislaus tomatoes in small 28oz cans  (Read 9550 times)

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Source for mail order Stanislaus tomatoes in small 28oz cans
« on: January 14, 2006, 12:14:43 AM »
While visiting my sister over Christmas I found a store in her town that was selling Stanislaus products in small cans.  I decided to call Stanislaus and see who buys these smaller cans in my area.  Unfortunately the only states with anybody buying the small cans are NY, California and Colorado. The good news is that I did find one store in California that does mail order.  The products are not on their website, but they do indeed carry them, and they are willing to ship.   The company is called Nick Sciabica and Sons, and they are producers of olive oil.  They actually sell Stanislaus the olive oil that is used in their tomato products.

The lady you want to talk to is Dean Cohan.  She said that the company feels really bad about the high shipping costs for tomatoes, and pointed out that they sometimes can cost as much or more than the tomatoes themselves.  Because of this she is willing to sell the Stanislaus products at their wholesale prices if you buy by the case.  There are 12 28oz cans to a case.  Tomato Magic (the Stanislaus version of 6 in 1's) costs only $10.45 a case, and the Alta Cuccinas cost $15 a case.  I found the Alta Cucinas to have a great deal of tomato's packed into these small cans, so I think it would be worth it to some of our members to buy these products.

You can email Dean at Dean@Sciabica.com
The phone number (that she answered when I called) was 1-800-400-8851
You can check out the website at http://www.sciabica.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_main.html , but it does not show the tomatoes

She mentioned that shipping charges vary, but just today she shipped out two cases of tomatoes to Ohio for $27.  She said that sometimes you can throw in a bottle of olive oil, or another product and the shipping price stays the same.  The company also sells Escalon products, although I didn't find out if they had their tomatoes in the 28oz size.  She said you could mix and match cans if you want, and recommended the Stanislaus porcini mushroom sauce (the only Stanislaus product that is listed on their website).
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 12:19:33 AM by scott r »

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: Source for mail order Stanislaus tomatoes in small 28oz cans
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 12:22:04 AM »
They don't do mail order (that I know of), but here are two places in NY that carry the stanislaus products in small cans.

Sansone Foods (garden city park) 516 746 3695
Southern Tier Provisions (Bath) 607 776 2233
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 12:23:41 AM by scott r »

Offline enob

• I Really Really Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 09:23:15 PM »
Thanks for the info Scott

Offline pizzaqueen

• I Love to Ship to Pizza Makers!!!!
    • Pennsylvania Macaroni Co.
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 02:21:51 PM »
Call Stanislaus.... ask for Dino Cortopassi, owner at 1-800-987-9670.
Thanks, Rose (pennmac.com)
Pizza Queen Jr.

Offline abc

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 10:14:29 PM »

She mentioned that shipping charges vary, but just today she shipped out two cases of tomatoes to Ohio for $27.  She said that sometimes you can throw in a bottle of olive oil, or another product and the shipping price stays the same.  The company also sells Escalon products, although I didn't find out if they had their tomatoes in the 28oz size.  She said you could mix and match cans if you want, and recommended the Stanislaus porcini mushroom sauce (the only Stanislaus product that is listed on their website).

so $27 was just shipping charges for 24 cans, correct?

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 05:27:55 AM »
Yes ABC, thanks for asking me to clarify.  That was just the shipping charge.  Dean said to definitely call her and check what the shipping charge would be, as sometimes it is cheaper to certain areas and she is not sure why.

Offline Ajstro

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 05:51:06 AM »
Has anyone ordered from this company recently?  I see these post are from 5 years ago, and the website doesn't work anymore.  I was wondering if Dean still ships.  I was looking online, and I can't find any suppliers.

Offline pizzoid

• Lifetime Member
  • A Hideous, Addictive, substance dependency
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 12:15:46 PM »

pizzapan