Author Topic: Dough stretching Newbie Q?  (Read 890 times)

Offline Kevo2000

Dough stretching Newbie Q?
« on: March 16, 2013, 06:56:31 PM »
I have watched many pizzaiolos ,both in person and in videos,who seem to make the process of stretching out dough ,look like child's play.When I make a pizza,I end up tearing out what's left of my hair.The biggest problem being I end up with holes in the dough circle,and worse the dough won't stay stretched.It invariably shrinks back.If I get out the rolling pin ,I can eventually get the dough into a roughly circular shape.The resulting pizza isn't bad,but are there any tips for a rookie?.Beyond "practice,practice,practice"

Offline tombiasi

Re: Dough stretching Newbie Q?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 07:11:37 PM »
I have watched many pizzaiolos ,both in person and in videos,who seem to make the process of stretching out dough ,look like child's play.When I make a pizza,I end up tearing out what's left of my hair.The biggest problem being I end up with holes in the dough circle,and worse the dough won't stay stretched.It invariably shrinks back.If I get out the rolling pin ,I can eventually get the dough into a roughly circular shape.The resulting pizza isn't bad,but are there any tips for a rookie?.Beyond "practice,practice,practice"
It may not be your technique but your dough. Could you post the recipe?

pizzapan