Author Topic: Free 25kg 5Stagioni in Houston  (Read 1371 times)

Offline TXCraig1

Free 25kg 5Stagioni in Houston
« on: March 17, 2013, 09:50:00 AM »
If anyone wants an unopened 25kg bag of 5Stagioni and is willing to drive this way to come get it, let me know.

The bag is on the South side of Houston.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline landras

Re: Free 25kg 5Stagioni in Houston
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 12:32:37 PM »
Where are you located Craig? did not like the flour? even to make bread or other stuff?
nico

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 04:27:15 PM »
It's OK. I could make a good pie with it, but I had to get down to a 40 second bake before I really liked the crust, and that's just too fast for the toppings. I have no interest in trying to find other uses for it. I thought somebody might want to experiment with it. If not, it's going in the trash on Saturday. I need to make room for 75kg of Caputo a friend brought me from Dallas.

I'd be happy to meet someplace on the south side of town - near 45S and the tollway.

Pizza is not bread.

Offline landras

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 03:06:08 PM »
It's OK. I could make a good pie with it, but I had to get down to a 40 second bake before I really liked the crust, and that's just too fast for the toppings. I have no interest in trying to find other uses for it. I thought somebody might want to experiment with it. If not, it's going in the trash on Saturday. I need to make room for 75kg of Caputo a friend brought me from Dallas.

I'd be happy to meet someplace on the south side of town - near 45S and the tollway.

Too bad to hear you have to go that fast to like the crust. I am getting the oven in 6/7 weeks so I was thinking I could use it to experiment with it. It is sat early in the morning, before 9:30,  or afternoon too late to get it?? and yes 45 @ 8 works great.
75 lb of flour that is a lot, do you keep it in a refrigerator or something like that or just room (and humidity) temp.
thanks
nico

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 03:52:49 PM »
Too bad to hear you have to go that fast to like the crust. I am getting the oven in 6/7 weeks so I was thinking I could use it to experiment with it. It is sat early in the morning, before 9:30,  or afternoon too late to get it?? and yes 45 @ 8 works great.
75 lb of flour that is a lot, do you keep it in a refrigerator or something like that or just room (and humidity) temp.
thanks
nico

Yes, I'll freeze most of it until I need it.

I think Saturday morning early would be fine. What time is good for you? Maybe send me an email -
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 04:25:00 PM by TXCraig1 »
Pizza is not bread.

Offline landras

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 04:11:47 PM »
Yes, I'll freeze most of it until I need it.

I think Saturday morning early would be fine. What time is good for you? Maybe send me an email - craig (*at*) lindbergs (*dot*) us

I just did it.
thanks

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 04:25:19 PM »
Got it. See you Saturday morning.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline tonypepperoni

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 01:13:35 PM »
Hey Houston guys,

I would like to know where to get Caputo in Dallas. I have a sister up in Coppell and one in Plano. Also, any opinions on San Felice 00? Being green I have only tried what I can find at the HEB (King Arthur).

Offline landras

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 04:33:53 PM »
Hey Houston guys,

I would like to know where to get Caputo in Dallas. I have a sister up in Coppell and one in Plano. Also, any opinions on San Felice 00? Being green I have only tried what I can find at the HEB (King Arthur).

Hi Tony, I have no idea. I will go to this place http://www.pizarospizza.com/ in a week or so and will try to ask the owner where he get the 00 from. I will let you know if he uses caputo and where he gets it from.
nico

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 04:49:13 PM »
Hi Tony, I have no idea. I will go to this place http://www.pizarospizza.com/ in a week or so
nico

Nico, have you been to this place before?  I read an article about them while back, about opening another location and traveling to Italy to select their WFO.
Bert,

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 10:18:39 AM »
Hey Houston guys,

Lasinti Foodservice in Dallas has Caputo
http://www.lisantifoodservice.com/contact_us.htm
Pizza is not bread.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 10:30:41 AM »
Nico, have you been to this place before?  I read an article about them while back, about opening another location and traveling to Italy to select their WFO.

I was there about a year ago. The pizza was in the oven for 4 minutes. The crust was hard as a cracker and the cheese had so melted into the sauce, it became one. Whenever I get over to that side of town, I'll try it again and see if they have improved.

The owner's name is Bill Hutchinson. He was tight lipped to the point of silliness when I spoke to him. He wouldn't discuss his oven or his dough - said people had been coming in trying to steal his secrets.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 11:00:53 AM »
I was there about a year ago. The pizza was in the oven for 4 minutes. The crust was hard as a cracker and the cheese had so melted into the sauce, it became one. Whenever I get over to that side of town, I'll try it again and see if they have improved.

The owner's name is Bill Hutchinson. He was tight lipped to the point of silliness when I spoke to him. He wouldn't discuss his oven or his dough - said people had been coming in trying to steal his secrets.

Graig, is there any pizzeria in Houston deserve to brag about their pizza?
Bert,

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 11:04:01 AM »
Graig, is there any pizzeria in Houston deserve to brag about their pizza?

There is good pizza in Houston - it's just not NY or NP.

Barry's, Fuzzy's, Star, etc.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline landras

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 05:43:13 PM »

nope I did not go there yet...

pizzapan