Author Topic: Gabriele Bonci teaches how to make Pizza al Formaggio (Easter Bread)  (Read 628 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
This is part of what the blogger Elizabeth Minchilli said in her blog.  "Yet somehow he still finds hours in the day to share his doughy knowledge teaching cooking classes. I've been  lucky enough to take a total of five classes with the man, (the links to those posts are down below). While he does give out recipes, taking a class with Gabriele is more about learning technique. In the end, dough is dough is dough. You can talk about quantities and quality, but according to the master, itís all in the handling. And what hands. I have to admit that half the fun of taking a class with Gabriele is watching this massive guy handle his dough with a choreographic delicacy that is unique".

http://www.elizabethminchilliinrome.com/2013/03/gabriele-bonci-pizza-al-formaggio.html

Gabriele Bonci, Pizza al Formaggio Lesson (English voice over)

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Gabriele Bonci teaches how to make Pizza al Formaggio (Easter Bread)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 07:48:22 AM »
Tortano {easter bread by gabriele bonci}

Elizabeth Minchilli tells on her blog how to make Tortano with Gabriele Bonci.

http://www.elizabethminchilliinrome.com/2013/03/tortano-easter-bread-by-gabriele-bonci.html

Making Tortano (Easter Bread) with Gabriele Bonci

Gabriele Bonci Easter breads remind of of years ago when I ate Tsoureki (Greek Easter Sweet Bread) at my father-in-law sisters in Reading, Pa.  I never got that recipe for Tsoureki with the red egg in the bread, but wish I would have.  I also recall we always ate Lamb for Easter and other delicious Greek food.  :drool: I don't know how my father-in-laws sisters made the Lamb either.  Neither of my father-in-laws sister ever got married, so they had lots of time to cook and could make all kinds of delicious Greek foods.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!