Author Topic: My first sourdough Nearlypolitan in my homemade WFO  (Read 26396 times)

Offline Michael130207

Re: My first sourdough Nearlypolitan in my homemade WFO
« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2013, 10:10:38 AM »
Thanks for your kind words Fidel. Sadly, I am still running from my indoor kitchen out the door then about 20 steps to the oven. I plan on making a prep station later this summer of similar style to the oven stand with an umbrella. However, the more I build the less I bake.

Scott, I completely agree. At times I wish the ceiling were thinner. I put a layer of half thickness brick over the first layer of brick, oriented the opposite direction,  to ensure no crumbs of insulation came through. If I were to do it again I would probably go with one layer of brick and cover the whole thing in some type of sheet metal then a layer of ceramic blanket. But we'll see, I really need to do a bunch of bakes to get everything dialed in, then see how I feel about all the design decisions.
Michael

Offline f.montoya

• Supporting Member
Re: My first sourdough Nearlypolitan in my homemade WFO
« Reply #126 on: June 07, 2013, 08:57:45 PM »
Thanks for your kind words Fidel. Sadly, I am still running from my indoor kitchen out the door then about 20 steps to the oven. I plan on making a prep station later this summer of similar style to the oven stand with an umbrella. However, the more I build the less I bake.

Yeah, I would like to do the same thing, with something proper. At the moment, I'm using two Costco purchased "Lifetime" folding tables and a sawhorse fitted with a top, and then marble plates on top of that. I guess the best thing about doing it outside near the oven is all the mess on the floor doesn't need to be cleaned up...something my wife appreciates.  ;D

pizzapan