Author Topic: I just feel like sharing  (Read 5729 times)

Offline Jackie Tran

Re: I just feel like sharing
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2013, 09:35:56 AM »
Fidel, thank you so much for documenting your process.  It will be an invaluable resource and point of reference for myself and others.  The pies look great as usual!

Chau

Offline f.montoya

Re: I just feel like sharing
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2013, 10:18:05 AM »
Fidel, thank you so much for documenting your process.  It will be an invaluable resource and point of reference for myself and others.  The pies look great as usual!

Chau

Thanks, Chau. I think without your questions, I would never have stumbled upon what I learned. I'm now thinking to see what a 63% dough might do. One of the new results that I am particularly interested in is "How long/soon before a balled dough can be opened/stretched at an optimum balance between stretchability/delicateness". For a 67% dough, in the current climate I am in, the sweet spot is 100 minutes. For a 61% it seems to be about 3 1/2 hours. Great things to write in my pizza making notebook. I guess I can expect a 63% dough to be in the 2 1/2 hour range on a warmish day at sea level (I live about 5 minutes walk from the beach here in Ako, Japan), but I do not know yet. I look forward to finding out and confirming this theory, either way!