Author Topic: Helpful Hint to Get to a Particular Page in a Thread  (Read 752 times)

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Helpful Hint to Get to a Particular Page in a Thread
« on: March 19, 2013, 11:02:29 AM »
I discovered for the first time yesterday, purely by accident, that there is an easy way to get to a particular page in a thread without going through multiple steps, particularly in a thread that has a lot of pages. I am not sure that the solution existed before in the old forum or whether it was added by the new forum software, but I am happy nonetheless to have found it.

Consider, for example, the Mellow Mushroom thread. It has 92 pages. If you look at the first page of the thread, at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,3940.0.html, you will see the numbering sequence [1] 2 3 ... 92 just above and to the left of the topic heading. Now, let us assume that you want to get to page 45 in that thread. All you have to do is click on the dots between the numbers 3 and 92. You will then see the individual page numbers. In some cases with a really lot of pages, you may have to click on the dots more than once. That would be the case for say, to get to page 85 in the Mellow Mushroom thread.

The same method can be used to jump from one page to another.

Peter

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
Re: Helpful Hint to Get to a Particular Page in a Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 11:12:34 AM »
I am not sure that the solution existed before in the old forum or whether it was added by the new forum software, but I am happy nonetheless to have found it.

Good find, Peter!

No, that feature did not exist in the old forum software.
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 12:01:53 PM »
I have also noted that clicking on the dots also works in the forum's indexing system, for example, as shown at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/board,26.0.html.

Peter

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 12:27:15 PM »
Peter,

I already found your hint useful for finding a member I wanted to find by using the dots.  I didnít think my friend Trenton Bill was a member of this forum, but asked him this morning.  He told me his name here on the forum.  http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1961 He told me he canít search anymore, so I told him to create a new screen name and post an introduction.  Trenton Bill was a member before I was.  :o

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 12:31:56 PM »
He told me he canít search anymore, so I told him to create a new screen name and post an introduction.

No need for him to create a new account, all he needs to do is post an introduction.
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 01:09:07 PM »
No need for him to create a new account, all he needs to do is post an introduction.

Thanks Steve,

I will tell Bill to post an introduction.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!