Ok, here's the field report. Completely different thing! I've posted the build below, but here are my thoughts. The dough was still a little too wet, as it was a pain in the ass to get it to stretch out and stay where I put it. I'm inclined to reduce the hydration a little. I don't think I want to add more oil, but who knows I may change my mind. The crust was much better -- would have been better if I had remembered to turn the temperature down. I had it pegged, so 550 for much of the baking. Baking it slower would have driven off more moisture without making the bottom of the pie somewhat al carbon.
The Cento tomatoes, recommended by Scottr, were very good. These are specifically italian and have a code, ROA on the can. I drained, deseeded, crushed with my fingers, and drained a little more. I only used one can and that seemed to be perfect as it didn't overwhelm the other ingredients. I added a tsp each basil and oregano, about a 1/2 tsp salt, and a little pepper.
Notice in the photos that although I have some topping, the mushrooms were sauteed, the onions were thinly sliced and the peppers moderately julienned. The sausage I schmushed in the same pan I sauteed the mushrooms, hence some partial cooking. I think I'm inclined to cook the sausage ahead of time too to reduce the moisture in the ingredients. The pepperoni was fine, so it must have been a combination of the ingredients that made it overpowering before.
The pie baked for about 35 minutes, which at the 550F for most of the bake was too long. There was some "juice" from the toppings that drained on the board after I cut it, hence the desire to par-cook the sausage and use a lower cooking temp/longer bake time . It tasted great, so were moving in the right direction. Here are the photos.