Author Topic: First Bake of 2013!  (Read 1291 times)

Offline Pizza De Puta

Re: First Bake of 2013!
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2013, 09:22:08 PM »
Yes, indeed, peppered bacon.  Thick sliced from the butcher this stuff is good eating.  However, baking bacon takes pork bellies to a whole different level.  Think sweet and juicy.  Not something normally related to pan-fried Arnold Ziffle but baking brings-out these qualities.  If not for pizza, do yourself a big favor and try baking bacon instead of frying for a BLT or with some breakfast eggs.

To accomplish this, you'll need a section of racking (as in oven racking only smaller) placed over a cookie sheet.  The cookie sheet will catch the drippings and avoid a mess.  Bake for about 20 minutes at 450 and enjoy bacon heaven.

Craig, I like your idea of Jalepenos with bacon.  I forgot to slice up some fresh tomatoes but these should work well with bacon also.  Also, violate traditional pizza code and try a grilled pinapple, calabrian chilli, and Black Forest Ham pizza.  It's admitttedly a delicious but possibly polarizing combo, but even if you don't like it, others who do will go absolutely nuts!!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 09:31:41 PM by Pizza De Puta »
RE

Offline waltertore

• Vendor
    • The Smiling With Hope Bakery
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2013, 09:27:55 PM »
great looking pie!  I swear home pizza makers are dusting the pro shops nowadays.  Walter

Offline gorbachevguy

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2013, 09:36:51 PM »
Looks fantastic!  I like my crust a little bubbly too.  I think caramelized onions go nicely with bacon...

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2013, 11:53:34 PM »
violate traditional pizza code and try a grilled pinapple, calabrian chilli, and Black Forest Ham pizza.  It's admitttedly a delicious but possibly polarizing combo, but even if you don't like it, others who do will go absolutely nuts!!

"He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying."
 - Nietzsche

I'm going to have to work my way up to a pineapple and ham pizza.  :-\
Pizza is not bread.

Offline jeff v

• I'm Valentino not Varasano :)
    • Pizzeria Valentino
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2013, 08:42:03 AM »
"He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying."
 - Nietzsche

I'm going to have to work my way up to a pineapple and ham pizza.  :-\

Pizza looked good, but don't work too hard at it! ;D

pizzapan