Author Topic: Great Lake Pizza  (Read 2508 times)

Offline 2stone

• Lifetime Member
    • 2stone blog
Re: Great Lake Pizza
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2013, 12:40:31 PM »
When you are real good
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 02:11:51 PM by 2stone »
2Stone blog: www.2stoneblog.com

Offline bakeshack

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2013, 04:12:22 PM »
I can live with that schedule!  ;D

Offline jeff v

• I'm Valentino not Varasano :)
    • Pizzeria Valentino
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2013, 02:55:25 PM »
Any new attempts on this bakeshack?
Back to being a civilian pizza maker only.

Offline BobBill

• Pies since 1972
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2013, 09:03:46 AM »
I must add to what is already above...and more.

A few blocks south of Balmoral (the corner where GL pies were sold) on Ravenswood and Wilson or Leland is Spacca Napoli...as good as it gets, and faster by a jillion years.

GL was and remains a strock (as in crock of...) of luck. Winfrey had one or two and it was hyped from there.

Any entrepreneur who would allow customers to wait in line for two hours, then tell customers to go home because the kitchen was out of ingredients, deserves to be dragged by horses up and down Clark Street for hours.

Of course, that applies to idiots who would wait too...that place only seated 8/10.

By the way, they never, as far as I know, were open on time nor to closing time...save the first few weeks, maybe.

Needless to say, you can imagine what they think of their customers and what they put on their pies. etc.

I hope these two loonies go fargin broke and never appear on the eats horizon again, anywhere. Couple of a--hats.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 09:09:56 AM by BobBill »
Welcome to our round playground called Earth
Where the greatest cause of death is birth! Lucas, Winona
All you gotta know - JD Winona

Offline jeff v

• I'm Valentino not Varasano :)
    • Pizzeria Valentino
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2013, 09:38:42 AM »
I must add to what is already above...and more.

A few blocks south of Balmoral (the corner where GL pies were sold) on Ravenswood and Wilson or Leland is Spacca Napoli...as good as it gets, and faster by a jillion years.

GL was and remains a strock (as in crock of...) of luck. Winfrey had one or two and it was hyped from there.

Any entrepreneur who would allow customers to wait in line for two hours, then tell customers to go home because the kitchen was out of ingredients, deserves to be dragged by horses up and down Clark Street for hours.

Of course, that applies to idiots who would wait too...that place only seated 8/10.

By the way, they never, as far as I know, were open on time nor to closing time...save the first few weeks, maybe.

Needless to say, you can imagine what they think of their customers and what they put on their pies. etc.

I hope these two loonies go fargin broke and never appear on the eats horizon again, anywhere. Couple of a--hats.

Don't want to argue, but my experiences don't match what you're describing the dozen or so times I've been. How many times did you eat at GL?

They made the best pizza I've had, opened on time, been nice etc etc. I'm aware of the reputation they have though. Their pizza compared to Spacce is tough because they are so vastly different.
Back to being a civilian pizza maker only.

pizzapan