Author Topic: Punch Neapolitan Pizza in the Twin Cities Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN  (Read 1952 times)

Offline Davydd

I just mentioned Punch Neapolitan Pizza in a couple of threads so I should show you what I experienced. I went to Punch Neapolitan Pizza in Wayzata, MN last week. Punch is now a mini-chain of wood fired pizza places in the Twin Cities with 5 locations. The original in St. Paul was mentioned in Ed Levine's list of best. I thoroughly enjoyed their pizzas. The Wayzata location west of Minneapolis is a line up and order place, wait, pickup, and sit down or take out. The night we were there the line was continuous the whole time we were there. We ate in. We ordered the Bruni pizza with sausage, spiced salami, onion and oregano, and the Puttaneska with anchovy, caper, onion, saracene olive and oregano. The pizzas also come with San Marzano tomato sauce and fresh mozzarella.

Even though now a mini-chain local to the Twin Cities, the quality was top notch IMO and I liked the Punch pizzas better than the two reputed best places in Washington DC, 2 Amys and Pizzeria Paradiso.
Davydd

Offline Peteg

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Punch Neapolitan Pizza in the Twin Cities Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 08:26:11 PM »
Davy,
Those pictures look good.  I was at punch back in October and I felt that their pizza was good.  Not great but good.  It's certainly better than that place across the river in Hudson.  If I lived in Minneapolis that is where I would be going for good Neapolitan pizza.  If you're ever in southern WI, I can't say enough about Il Ritrovo in Sheboygan or Pizza Brutta in Madison.  Pete g

Offline chadberg00

• Chad Berglund artist pizza gallery website
Re: Punch Neapolitan Pizza in the Twin Cities Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 06:01:04 PM »
Traveling for work and ate at Punch Pizza this past week in Eden Prairie, MN.  90 second pie and it was surprisingly good Margherita with buffalo mozzarella and  what tasted like a simple yet light SM sauce with EV olive oil on top for a very reasonable price. Nice change from all of the Chicago deep dish joints in the area.  Snapped a few pics of their wood fired oven but stuck on my phone for now...

Also ate at 'Old  Chicago' which was not that bad if you like the thick lasagna type stuff. Not my cup of tea but...

pizzapan