Author Topic: Consumer Report Survey on Best and Worst Fast Foods  (Read 672 times)

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Consumer Report Survey on Best and Worst Fast Foods
« on: July 03, 2014, 08:39:57 AM »
http://www.restaurantnews.com/mcdonalds-burgers-named-worst-in-america-in-consumer-reports-new-fast-food-survey/

I cite the above article mainly for its mention of two pizza chains, Sbarro and Little Caesars.

Peter

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always working and looking for new information!
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Consumer Report Survey on Best and Worst Fast Foods
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 09:41:42 AM »
Peter,

My granddaughter does purchase Little Caesars DEEP!DEEP! Dish Pizza different times and brings them home.  I cringe when I see a Little Caesars box, but decided to taste a bite the other week.  I thought it tasted fine. My granddaughter does like my Detroit style pizzas better though.

Norma

Offline TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 01:24:10 PM »
Our local Little Caesars franchisee (I assume he is a franchisee) goes above and beyond to support the local schools. Maybe the pizza isn't the best, but this guy really does a lot of good for the kids with it.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 04:15:18 PM »
I can't deny that little Caesars is a lot of food for cheap. So I do understand why people buy it even though I don't love the taste.

Offline IndyRob

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 05:53:14 PM »
Our local Little Caesars franchisee (I assume he is a franchisee) goes above and beyond to support the local schools. Maybe the pizza isn't the best, but this guy really does a lot of good for the kids with it.

When I was growing up in Detroit, Little Caesar's was very much into community involvement - especially youth hockey.

They used to have pretty good utility pizza, but I must say that their current Hot N' Ready regular pizzas are pretty awful.  I do like their deep dish pizzas though.

Offline purefusion

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 11:05:33 PM »
Little Caesars' Detroit style isn't "terrible" but it's certainly no Jet's! Vito's Detroit style is sub-par alongside LC's. "Often imitated, never duplicated" as Jet's boasts, though that certainly sounds like a challenge to me. I'm still making my way through that 10-mile long Jet's thread. Fun read!

pizzapan