Author Topic: Consumer Report Survey on Best and Worst Fast Foods  (Read 398 times)

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Consumer Report Survey on Best and Worst Fast Foods
« on: July 03, 2014, 08:39:57 AM »
http://www.restaurantnews.com/mcdonalds-burgers-named-worst-in-america-in-consumer-reports-new-fast-food-survey/

I cite the above article mainly for its mention of two pizza chains, Sbarro and Little Caesars.

Peter

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Consumer Report Survey on Best and Worst Fast Foods
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 09:41:42 AM »
Peter,

My granddaughter does purchase Little Caesars DEEP!DEEP! Dish Pizza different times and brings them home.  I cringe when I see a Little Caesars box, but decided to taste a bite the other week.  I thought it tasted fine. My granddaughter does like my Detroit style pizzas better though.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 01:24:10 PM »
Our local Little Caesars franchisee (I assume he is a franchisee) goes above and beyond to support the local schools. Maybe the pizza isn't the best, but this guy really does a lot of good for the kids with it.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 04:15:18 PM »
I can't deny that little Caesars is a lot of food for cheap. So I do understand why people buy it even though I don't love the taste.

Offline IndyRob

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 05:53:14 PM »
Our local Little Caesars franchisee (I assume he is a franchisee) goes above and beyond to support the local schools. Maybe the pizza isn't the best, but this guy really does a lot of good for the kids with it.

When I was growing up in Detroit, Little Caesar's was very much into community involvement - especially youth hockey.

They used to have pretty good utility pizza, but I must say that their current Hot N' Ready regular pizzas are pretty awful.  I do like their deep dish pizzas though.

Offline purefusion

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 11:05:33 PM »
Little Caesars' Detroit style isn't "terrible" but it's certainly no Jet's! Vito's Detroit style is sub-par alongside LC's. "Often imitated, never duplicated" as Jet's boasts, though that certainly sounds like a challenge to me. I'm still making my way through that 10-mile long Jet's thread. Fun read!

pizzapan