Author Topic: Hidden Users  (Read 579 times)

Mal

Hidden Users
« on: March 31, 2013, 08:59:34 PM »
Who or what are "hidden users". I noticed recently when viewing a thread that the list of users currently viewing that thread included "+1 Hidden User".

Is this related to the ignore feature? (although I've got no one on my ignore list so I'm not sure why this would be.)

Mal

Offline slybarman

Re: Hidden Users
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 09:15:29 PM »
I believe I your users profile settings you have the option to allow others to see when you are online or not. If you select not, you probably show as a hidden user there.

Mal

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 09:21:21 PM »
I believe I your users profile settings you have the option to allow others to see when you are online or not. If you select not, you probably show as a hidden user there.
AHHHH!  Now it makes sense. Thanks!

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 09:36:02 PM »
Mal,

As a Moderator, I don't always see the same things as other members but I understand that on some forums you can tell who is hidden because their forum names show up in italics in the users section and possibly elsewhere. It is possible that they aren't hidden from the Moderators and Steve, the Administrator of the forum.

Peter

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 09:52:19 PM »
Yes, that's how it works.
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.