Author Topic: some pizzas from today  (Read 1531 times)

Offline waltertore

• Vendor
    • The Smiling With Hope Bakery
some pizzas from today
« on: April 02, 2013, 06:52:38 PM »
Here are a few pictures of pies we made today in my classroom.  They are baked in a blodgett 1000 oven at 550 degrees.   Walter

Offline Jackie Tran

Re: some pizzas from today
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 08:08:36 PM »
The pizza looks delicious.

Offline waltertore

• Vendor
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 09:08:32 PM »
The pizza looks delicious.

thanks Jackie!  I have read your posts/seen your pies and to get a thumbs up means alot.  We continue to turn this area of Ohio onto this type of pizza and they are coming back for more.  Walter
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 09:13:43 PM by waltertore »

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 10:12:26 PM »
Great pizza pie's Walter and that old oven is a honey!   :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Pizza De Puta

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 01:11:56 AM »
What a great program for the school!  Nice work to you and your kids!!
RE

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 08:31:57 AM »
Good stuff.

How did I miss that class when I was in school?  :)
Pizza is not bread.

Offline waltertore

• Vendor
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 01:43:37 PM »
thanks guys!  It was easy to miss this class in your school days because we are the only program in the country doing such a thing.   This is sad and one of the main reasons I post about it-hopefully will wake up others in education that teaching developmentally delayed students life skills, functional academics, and vocational skills, in a real life setting, leads to maximum independence as adults.  I am currently looking at spaces with a 3rd generation NYC pizza maker/restaurant owner.  He wants to open a small place that will employ a few of my students when they graduate.  It will be a pizzeria/bakery that carries our products as well.  Here is a video an Ohio State University student did on the program recently.    Thanks.   Walter

http://ashleykalbertson.com/comm3226/?p=176

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 04:12:54 PM »
thanks guys!  It was easy to miss this class in your school days because we are the only program in the country doing such a thing.   This is sad and one of the main reasons I post about it-hopefully will wake up others in education that teaching developmentally delayed students life skills, functional academics, and vocational skills, in a real life setting, leads to maximum independence as adults.  I am currently looking at spaces with a 3rd generation NYC pizza maker/restaurant owner.  He wants to open a small place that will employ a few of my students when they graduate.  It will be a pizzeria/bakery that carries our products as well.  Here is a video an Ohio State University student did on the program recently.    Thanks.   Walter

http://ashleykalbertson.com/comm3226/?p=176
Just another great deal happening because of your caring concern Walter...I hope that Ohio State kids video gets picked up by a big media entity and it gets some well deserved exposure. Has anyone from the PBS system talked with you yet?
You are doing such good things, thank you.

Bob
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 04:14:41 PM by Chicago Bob »

Offline waltertore

• Vendor
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 04:38:36 PM »
Hi Bob:  I hope someday we get national exposure so as to spark others to think of ways disabled people can succeed instead of the current model of how they can't.   I am a 1 man show and by the end of the day I am wore out.  I am close to 60 and the job is both physical and emotional.  When I get home I do my music and other things.  I am content to wait until national coverage arrives easy(feel free to share our program with any and all :) ).  It is unfolding quite easy and everyday new contacts, customers, supporters, appear.  It is fun to watch something come together with me just doing what comes naturally.  It is growing at a pace that is enjoyable.   I spent most of my life busting my butt to make things happen that really were out of my control and not at all natural to me........  Getting older is a great thing!   Walter
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 04:40:21 PM by waltertore »

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 04:41:27 PM »
Hi Bob:  I hope someday we get national exposure so as to spark others to think of ways disabled people can succeed instead of the current model of how they can't.   I am a 1 man show and by the end of the day I am wore out.  I am close to 60 and the job is both physical and emotional.  When I get home I do my music and other things.  I am content to wait until national coverage arrives easy(feel free to share our program with any and all :) ).  It is unfolding quite easy and everyday new contacts, customers, supporters, appear.  It is fun to watch something come together with me just doing what comes naturally.  It is growing at a pace that is enjoyable.   I spent most of my life busting my butt to make things happen that really were out of my control and not at all natural to me........  Getting older is a great thing!   Walter
I hear ya bruddah..... :-D

Offline pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 10:34:23 AM »
Oh man, The cheese oil glistening on that first pic makes me want to devour it.  Keep up the great work!

Nate
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Offline waltertore

• Vendor
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 11:09:20 AM »
Oh man, The cheese oil glistening on that first pic makes me want to devour it.  Keep up the great work!

Nate

thanks!  Walter

Offline Camaro10

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2013, 11:52:53 AM »
colors of the pies look awesome. especially the pepperoni.