Author Topic: New member from Washington  (Read 177 times)

Offline bbq75king

• I Love Pizza!
New member from Washington
« on: April 03, 2013, 05:54:26 PM »
Hi,   :)
     My husband, Gino and I love Pizza, so what better way go get ideas, share insights, and above all have fun with pizza than joining a forum dedicated to all things PIZZA.  This of course is second in the list of importance, eating it being the NUMBER ONE reason!!!!  Gino  had a pizza parlor back in the 70's in San Jose CA, and ending selling the business after ten years. 
     He is now retired although I am still working, but as a bit of a hobby we started an on site BBQ  :chef: catering business about 4 years ago.  In trying to come up with different ideas, I figured pizza was a good as any for BBQ.  I have also started trying my hand a bread making using spent grains and brewers yeast right out of the micro-brewery that a friend of ours owns.  I am looking forward to trying some pizza dough from the yeast, and am wondering if anybody has tried to do so before.  All in all, we are food lovers at heart and Gino seems to be game after all these years to let me continue to experiment, I guess if I haven't killed him yet, my cooking / baking skills must not be all bad :o ;D :-D 
Thanks,   Rose

Offline Jpcmason

• I Love Pizza!
Re: New member from Washington
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 10:18:54 PM »
I'm a masonry contractor working at a craft brewery in Blanco, Tx. Real Ale Brewing Co.
 I am starting out making pizzas and was wondering myself about their brewers yeast for dough. I will find out Monday and post. Sounds like u guys are doing great in your endeavors!!