Author Topic: Greetings from Kansas City  (Read 152 times)

Offline Mike in Kansas

• I Love Pizza!
Greetings from Kansas City
« on: April 08, 2013, 08:41:40 AM »
Hello there Forum!  Mike here.  Excited to be here and learn about making better pizza.

I grew up in the South Jersey / Philly area and spent many summer days at the Jersey Shore (Ocean City, Stone Harbor, Wildwood).  I have very fond memories of the boardwalk style pizza, as well as pizza from all the little joints in South Jersey.  However, I am now in the Midwest and have been living in the Kansas City area for over 16 years now.  While I love the BBQ scene out here, and have gotten fairly good at smoking my own 'que, I definitely miss the great pizza from the area I grew up.  So I've decided to take matters into my own hands and start making my own pizza at home.

Hoping to learn a lot and have fun testing out different recipes and techniques.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Greetings from Kansas City
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 10:53:59 AM »
Mike,

Welcome to the forum!

There is a whole boardwalk thread if you are interested.

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,9068.0.html

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Mike in Kansas

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 09:39:28 PM »
Norma-

I came across that thread some months ago the first time I found pizzamaking.com, but forgot to bookmark it. And somehow I could not remember the name of the site ::) (I know, the website name is so hard to remember!).  I re-found it again today while looking for a same-day dough recipe.  So this time I actually joined and bookmarked the site.  I will have to read through your thread again....

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 10:28:05 PM »
Mike,

That thread really isnít my thread.  dscoleri really started that thread, but didnít continue his journey.  I just jumped in because I also liked Mackís pizzas.  Peter helped me on that thread and has a very good formulation for a clone dough if you want to try it.  If you need any help in that thread just post under that thread.  The right cheddar is the tricky part to find.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!