Author Topic: First sour dough ")  (Read 640 times)

Offline mcgrane

First sour dough ")
« on: April 11, 2013, 08:52:15 AM »
 Ive been working on my sour dough for the last 2 weeks - The tutorial was shorter, but we've had a cold patch here :P which im guessing slowed it down, but yesturday it was showing some nice activity - and this is a picture of it 2 hours after its feed a a stir today..
and the other picture is after leaving it out overnight with the added flour and water.
Any suggestions or comments ? Im only guessing it was ready really :P

Offline mcgrane

Re: First sour dough ")
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 10:50:37 AM »
If anyone cares.. here was the finished product. Altough it was really elasticy when i took it out of the bowl - so much so that it was stretching by just handeling it - To much water im thinking, And in the recipe i was meant to let it set in the fridge for 2 days i only did one ( not around tomorow :P ) and i didnt let it come to room temprature, just out for an hour - was in a massive rush.. I tought it was pritty tasty ! Ill try another next week doing it properly and see how it goes

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 10:56:25 AM »
Those look nice. You might try blowing off some of the excess flour after stretching.

Learning to make pizza takes experimentation. Learning to make sourdough pizza takes a lot of experimentation.

Great start!
Pizza is not bread.

Offline mcgrane

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 11:44:30 AM »
Yea thanks ! - I actually tried brushing it off :P Its just when i put the dough out of the bowl - i had no real control over it, so it took on loads of flour and i couldnt do much but throw it in on the pan or it would have tore... next time a lot less flour :)