Author Topic: Height of Saputo tiles in Pizza Party 70 X 70 oven?  (Read 390 times)

Offline moosebytes

• Supporting Member
Height of Saputo tiles in Pizza Party 70 X 70 oven?
« on: July 01, 2016, 03:54:18 PM »
We've installed the new Saputo's (took all of 5 minutes), but have been having a problem with the door hanging up on them. The "feet" on the door hit up against the tiles...especially when the oven is up to temp. Unable to close the door when this happens. Can't seem to push the tiles down any further than we've got them now. Anyone else had this problem. Is it just that the tiles need to be "broken in"? The top of the tiles are about 7/16" above the lip of the opening.

Offline mitchjg

• Supporting Member
Re: Height of Saputo tiles in Pizza Party 70 X 70 oven?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 07:27:11 PM »
I have had the same issue.  I think the metal in the door expands enough at the highest temperature so that the "feet" will not go in all the way.

I have not really cared about it because I use it with the feet tilted out (I think most do this) so that it is a draft door.

The door shuts completely fine as soon as the floor temperature drops down (maybe 800) and/or if you leave the door off the oven for awhile.
Mitch

“We hate math,” says 4 in 10 – a majority of Americans

Offline JD

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 08:36:14 PM »
7/16" is excessive, mine is maybe 1/8" at most and I have no trouble closing the door. Are you sure you removed all the ashes and the insulation is not sitting on top of the metal brick supports underneath?
JD's NY Style
JD's Neapolitan using my Pizza Party WFO

You cannot teach experience.

-Josh

Offline moosebytes

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 08:47:38 AM »
7/16" is excessive, mine is maybe 1/8" at most and I have no trouble closing the door. Are you sure you removed all the ashes and the insulation is not sitting on top of the metal brick supports underneath?

All of the ashes were removed after we took out the stock tiles. The left/front Saputo tile is a bit higher than the one on the right so we'll be taking them out to see what that's all about.

Offline Falcor

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 07:38:51 AM »
I had this issue initially with the door feet, and to remedy it, I applied a little force with pliers to bend the ends of the feet on a slight upward angle...the door now works great, without any "catching" issue with the feet on the front tiles.

Hope that helps...Adam

Offline moosebytes

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2016, 07:08:50 PM »
I had this issue initially with the door feet, and to remedy it, I applied a little force with pliers to bend the ends of the feet on a slight upward angle...the door now works great, without any "catching" issue with the feet on the front tiles.

Hope that helps...Adam

Yes. That's the plan if we find no other remedy. Thanks!

Offline pizza party

• Vendor
  • The original Wood fired oven most versatile!
    • Pizza Party wood fired pizza oven
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2016, 02:16:50 PM »
Yes Falcor
in this case is sufficent your remedy
Saputo is artisanal product isn't perfect flat, some brick can be slightly higher
Simone
UK/US site: Wood fired oven Pizza Party
New shop online, save money by direct sales: Excellent offer home delivery to USA/CANADA + Wood fired oven Pizza Party + all taxes
Pizza Party facebook fans: Forni Pizza Party customers
italian official web site: Forni a legna Pizza Party

wordpress