Author Topic: Interesting Workflow  (Read 567 times)

Offline pizza dr

Interesting Workflow
« on: April 14, 2013, 09:45:30 PM »
I read an article recently describing a pizzeria's workflow that was three days in the making.  I'll have to dig up the reference if anyone is interested, but I thought I would give it a shot.  The article described the process in cups and tbsp so I just used my normal dough formula and adapted accordingly.

Caputo 00 100%
H20           57%
Salt            2.5%
Fresh yeast 0.1%

Mixed in KA.  Bulk at room temperature  ( approx 73 degrees) for 8 hours then into refrigerator overnight ( approximately 16 hours).  Balled at room temperature for 8 more hours then placed into refrigerator overnight again.  Pulled dough balls out and brought up to room temperature prior to baking.

Scot

Offline TXCraig1

Re: Interesting Workflow
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 08:45:13 AM »
I don't know if it is the workflow or the pizzaiolo, but they sure look good.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline pizza dr

Re: Interesting Workflow
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 09:30:49 AM »
Thanks Craig!

They actually turned very light and "airy".  I had about 6 pieces and was really not full at all.  I dialed back the hydration a bit from my normal 59 to 60% thinking that this dough would be difficult to work with... but it wasn't at all.  It opened right up but still had enough strength to not tear or roll off my peel. 

My wife stated these were her some of her favorite pizzas.  I really enjoyed the asparagus and shroom pie. 

Scot

pizzapan