Author Topic: 40 second Margherita ! at Setebello Vegas  (Read 1686 times)

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
40 second Margherita ! at Setebello Vegas
« on: April 17, 2013, 08:51:27 AM »
 So I believe this is the owner of L' artigiano  pizza truck in vegas  this is a nice Margherita !

also attached a pic of his truck with a Stefano  Ferraro Oven !! pre wrap, indside and after wrap.He goes right for the 60 second Pie ! and its delicious!
I met him in Vegas at the VPN private Party ( thanks to Paulie Gee!) and he got me right  on board great concept.    Shon Ben is a Master Pizzaiolo and is a really great guy ! 
A True Mobile Neapoiltan !!
John
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 09:01:43 AM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline fornographer

• Supporting Member
Re: 40 second Margherita ! at Setebello Vegas
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 03:47:50 PM »
I went to Setebello last year and their pizzas are delicious. 

I'm curious, on their facebook page they claim that this dough was hard to handle and that Neapolitan pizzaiolos have problem working with them.  What crazy hydration level are they using?  65+ percent?

Offline othafa9

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 12:09:11 AM »
Shon is a good friend of mine, he started at Settebello about a year after me, and we kind of "came up" together in pizza.  The pizza's are top notch Neapolitan.  I was at the VPN party as well John, sorry I didn't get to meet you.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 07:39:16 AM »
I me another Pizziaolo from settabello on the show floor by the Flour section, nice crew of guys spoke mostly italian ? Think the guy cooking may have been from there also ?
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline pizzaboyfan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 03:42:30 PM »
I went to Setebello last year and their pizzas are delicious. 

I'm curious, on their facebook page they claim that this dough was hard to handle and that Neapolitan pizzaiolos have problem working with them.  What crazy hydration level are they using?  65+ percent?

What's crazy about 65 % ?
That's my usual hydration, and here's  one of last nights pies.
Perry

Offline f.montoya

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 09:47:15 AM »
What's crazy about 65 % ?
That's my usual hydration, and here's  one of last nights pies.
Perry

I too, use a 65% hydration dough when baking pizzas for myself and my family, and I love the results. But when I have larger parties (20+ people), I drop it to 61%. I think "Crazy" was just a poor choice of wording. There's nothing crazy about 65% or even 70%, which I have personally played around with with very good results. But I think the 65% range is better suited to those of us who bake pies in lower quantities where we can attend to each pie with our full attention. While not "crazy", it's just unrealistic for anyone, professional or not, to deal with stretching, topping and transferring a high-hydration dough to peels and then into a WFO in a commercial environment that demands that 6 to 8(or more) be done almost simultaneously.

EDIT: Extremely delicious looking Marg you got there! I have to wait another two weeks til I fire up my WFO.  :'(
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 09:48:48 AM by f.montoya »

Offline LArtigiano

• Vivere per fare le pizze
    • L'Artigiano Vera Pizza
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 09:27:32 PM »
Thank you Jon for posting about us!!!

pizzapan