Author Topic: Pizza Hut's Thin & "Crispy"  (Read 1683 times)

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
Pizza Hut's Thin & "Crispy"
« on: April 13, 2013, 11:13:05 PM »
Somebody gave us a $25 Pizza Hut gift card and we decided to use it yesterday. I have been watching my weight lately so I figured that I would try Thin & Crispy. It has been many years since I've had their thin crust. I used to like it way back in the early '80's. Back then it was like a flaky cracker crust.

When did they change it? This was nothing like it used to be. It was pathetic!  :-X The bottom was soggy and not crispy at all. No flake to it at all. I called the shop to complain and the manager said, "We don't sell much thin crust." Gee, I wonder why! ::)

So did we just get a bad one or is this the way that the thin crust is now?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 11:48:37 PM by Don K »
The member formerly known as Colonel_Klink

Offline Glutenboy

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza & Sex -- Good? Great! Bad? Still okay.
    • My Pizza Gallery
Re: Pizza Hut's Thin & "Crispy"
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 11:47:28 PM »
I was a Thick-n-Chewy man myself.
Quote under my pic excludes Little Caesar's.

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 02:24:20 PM »
the only big box that actually makes their dough in-house, is little caesars.  everyone else is either made at a commissary, or it's frozen and shipped in
Hotdogs kill more people than sharks do, yearly.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 04:39:49 PM »
the only big box that actually makes their dough in-house, is little caesars.  everyone else is either made at a commissary, or it's frozen and shipped in
c0mpl3x,

I don't know if Sbarro qualifies as a big box, with over 1000 locations worldwide, but I believe they still make their dough in their stores.

Peter

Offline Zing

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 09:08:17 PM »

When did they change it? This was nothing like it used to be. It was pathetic!  :-X The bottom was soggy and not crispy at all. No flake to it at all. I called the shop to complain and the manager said, "We don't sell much thin crust." Gee, I wonder why! ::)

From the tipthepizzaguy forum, the change may have been made about 2007. All the PH's around here get frozen Thin 'N Crispy crusts from a factory. Lets cut out this commissary garbage, its a factory in the midwest somewhere. A little like the frozen pizza you buy in a supermarket. I suspect the problem has to do with the fact that they use these skins until they are used up, regardless of how badly they deteriorate.

Offline c0mpl3x

• crumb bubbles!
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 07:27:44 PM »
c0mpl3x,

I don't know if Sbarro qualifies as a big box, with over 1000 locations worldwide, but I believe they still make their dough in their stores.

Peter

i suppose they do, but they are a restaurant more than a pizza delivery company.
Hotdogs kill more people than sharks do, yearly.

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 08:36:33 PM »

And Papa Murphys has like 1300 in the US, they make their dough in house too.

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 02:07:16 PM »

No, they suck now.  But if you have them cook it well done, which is one and one half times through the oven, they suck alot less.  Actually crispy and flaky again.  Not much crust flavor, but the texture is nearly more correct.
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends