Author Topic: Anybody use Restaurant Depot..  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Camaro10

• I Love Pizza!
Anybody use Restaurant Depot..
« on: April 19, 2013, 12:03:11 PM »
Has anybody been to one of these? It is a big warehouse that restaurants get their supplies and food from. I was just wondering if they sell Grande? I know you have to have a membership card to be able to shop there.

Offline Tscarborough

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Pizza Anarchy
Re: Anybody use Restaurant Depot..
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 12:11:21 PM »
I do.  I buy All Trumps bromated flour,, canned tomatoes,  and some cheese there, as well as meat.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 01:45:18 PM »
they wont have grande, but you have found the treasure trove for pizzamakers....   all the stuff the real pizzerias use and they will sell in small quantities.

Cases of just picked basil for $7
great cheese selection
stanislaus tomatoes by the can
fresh yeast
angus and sometimes grass fed beef at half the price of a butcher

Offline derricktung

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 02:43:57 PM »
I'm planning to use them for our business that's just kicking off.  Definitely worth your while...  costs are a bit cheaper than Costco, and you don't pay taxes on the purchases (at least in Illinois, since you're paying taxes on the sales). 

Offline Zing

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 04:00:02 PM »
Has anybody been to one of these? It is a big warehouse that restaurants get their supplies and food from. I was just wondering if they sell Grande? I know you have to have a membership card to be able to shop there.

I'm tried to talk my way into these around the country with various degrees of success. A lot depends on if supermarkets, etc. try to use zoning laws to try to keep RD from selling to consumers. RD only wants to sell to people in the food industry who hold a business license. There are many posts on numerous web sites on how to get into a RD. One near me sells Polly-O foodservice mozzarella.

Call first to see what kind of reception you get and what they want to see.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 05:36:06 PM »
I have a few near me that all require only a tax id to join, so  anybody with a small business of any sort can join.   A barbershop, a tanning salon... whatever.   

Anybody is free to go in and look around, there are no guards letting you in like there would be at a costco or something.     To buy, though, you have to scan your own card on the way in and have it at checkout.   

Online tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 06:15:27 PM »
I get my flour from RD in 50 lb. bags. Great price and they have certain flours that you can't obtain at the regular store.  I pay about $15 for 50 lbs. of Conagra Mello Judith flour. 

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 06:42:09 PM »
they do a 1 day pass for Kansas City Barbeque Society members, you just have to stop at the desk on the way in and show them your card and they give you a pass for the day