I am very interested in this grill and have been running down information on it. Thank you for posting the great photos.
(1) I sent and email to Weber asking when the WEBER 6520 Pizza Oven was going to be released in the US. Weber CS replied: "Unfortunately the charcoal pizza oven is manufactured for the UK. Currently there aren't any plans for the pizza oven to be sold in the United States. I will definitely pass on the suggestion. I'm sorry for the inconvenience."
I interpret this to mean: The Weber folks in the UK took the initiative to innovate and bring a much needed product to market; and testing sales interest in the US market did not occur to anyone!
(2) Weber provided information posted by UK BBQ stores states:
Designed to fit on top of 57cm charcoal barbecues [22.5 inch]
Porcelain-enameled hood, cordierite stone cooking surface and steel ring and heat shield
450°C even cooking temperature [840 deg F]
Cooks base and topping evenly
Uses less fuel and takes up less space than a traditional wood fired oven
Perfect for fresh pizzas, naan breads and pittas
Cooks pizza in less than 4 minutes
* I am pleased to see Weber stating such a high temp. Like many forum readers, I have been reading and experimenting with various oven and grill methods to cook pizza.
(3) Here is a UK BBQ site that has a User video and a sterile Weber video showing the grill setup and cooking a pizza. http://www.riversidegardencentre.co.uk/bbq/weber-original-charcoal-pizza-oven.html
(4) I explored shipping costs from the UK to the USA:
I used a weight of 9 LBs and a box volume of (24 in x 24 in x 10 in) which determines 'volumetric weight charges' to obtain a quick estimate of the shipping costs from the UK to outside LA.
I researched FedEx, Royal Mail (which due to size, leads you to ParcelForce. These ran very expensive ($200+).
Transglobal was the best - providing an 'affordable' estimate from UPS express saver at $80. (Not clear if VAT is included in this price.) [FYI - The US Post Office charges $70 to ship this volume/weight from the US to the UK!) http://www.transglobal.org.uk/send-parcel-uk-to-usa/?gclid=CJz-gdCBt7cCFQE6QgodnhoAEg
(5) My "Get It Now" cost estimate: Weber 6520 in UK for ($181 + $33 vat) + (80 shipping + 15 vat) equals apx $310 to have it now. (using conversion of 1.51 USD per british pound and assuming VAT cannot be avoided.)
(6) My estimated USA price will be close to the Pre-VAT UK price of $181 (plus any applicable State sales tax). This is based on comparing what the Pre-VAT UK price on a Weber 22.5 inch one-touch grill to the USA Home Depot price. The prices were within a few dollars of each other.
(7) I think the $180 to $300 price range to get 840+ degrees and excellent pizza is a great solution for me.
I was about to begin configuring my Weber to place my pizza stone higher with Firebricks and possibly suspend a stone in the dome interior to obtain a lower dome effect. Under review were several DIY w.f.o. project but finding the time & energy for DIY was going to be difficult. In addition, the DIY costs were going to be 2-3x this weber 6520 item.