Author Topic: Sbarro Pizza Sauce ( great )  (Read 740 times)

Offline pizzero22

• I Love Pizza!
Sbarro Pizza Sauce ( great )
« on: June 29, 2016, 04:35:44 PM »
I just went to Sbarro Pizza today after years. I ordered NY stile Pizza and Garlic Bread. Taste was very good. I ask for additional pizza sauce and they give me for free. This is the best Pizza Sauce i ever try.... very natural !

How can i make a similar pizza sauce ?

Regards !

« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 04:43:22 PM by pizzero22 »

Offline jjd_87

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Sbarro Pizza Sauce ( great )
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 09:03:10 AM »
I worked at Sbarro years ago and that is just a pre-made marinara sauce that they use on their pastas. Open can, place in warmer. They were large #10 cans that said Mama Sbarro Marinara sauce they came 6 in a box. They make the actual pizza sauce with a similar can that says pizza sauce but is more like a paste. One can of paste and one can of water with a cup or 2 of Parmesan cheese mixed in. Sorry I can't really be of anymore help, but that was a job I had in high school & college. Things could be totally different now, that was 10 years ago.
Jeremiah

Online HarryHaller73

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Sbarro Pizza Sauce ( great )
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 11:01:41 AM »
I just went to Sbarro Pizza today after years. I ordered NY stile Pizza and Garlic Bread. Taste was very good. I ask for additional pizza sauce and they give me for free. This is the best Pizza Sauce i ever try.... very natural !

How can i make a similar pizza sauce ?

Regards !

Sbarro uses a proprietary tomato product they have distributed in cans to their chains.  Most of the major chains except for papa johns uses a heavy cooked down tomato paste with citric acid, dry garlic powder, high fructose corn syrup/sugar, spices (dry oregano, salt, pepper, basil).  They are thinned with water at the restaurant. 

A cooked down paste product which has a very high concentration of natural glutamate and then thinned with water produces a very different sauce than with canned crushed or fresh tomatoes.  You could try using a paste product like Saporito Super Heavy.  If using canned crushed tomatoes, a glutamate can be added, such as pork bones or anchovy filets in a light 20-30 minutes simmer along with other ingredients.  Grated parmigiano reggiano is also another glutamate.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 11:19:38 AM by HarryHaller73 »

wordpress