Author Topic: Police Station Pizza in Ambridge, PA  (Read 680 times)

Offline pythonic

• Pizza......its what's for dinner!
Police Station Pizza in Ambridge, PA
« on: November 17, 2014, 06:34:28 PM »
Anyone ever have pizza from this place?  Everything was unique.  The crust was crunchy and airy.  The sauce was very fresh and the pepperoni was excellent.  Pepperoni was put on cold after cheese was melted and then it went straight into the box.

http://www.policestationpizza.com

Nate
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 06:38:46 PM by pythonic »
If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball.

Offline jsperk

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Police Station Pizza in Ambridge, PA
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 07:23:35 PM »
I never heard of them. I'll have to try when I get out that way.

Another place in Pgh put the toppings on after baked if u order the exrtra cheese. I rather all cheese melted.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/foodspotting-ec2/reviews/2583807/thumb_600.jpg?1350442530

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 07:53:02 PM »
Your photos are making me very hungry. Thanks for the posting. When I am back home in Youngstown, Ohio, I visit Wedgewood Pizzeria. They have a very similar Sicilian Style pizza. However, they cook the peperoni on the pizza. Thanks again for sharing the photos.

Offline pythonic

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 08:43:53 PM »
I never heard of them. I'll have to try when I get out that way.

Another place in Pgh put the toppings on after baked if u order the exrtra cheese. I rather all cheese melted.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/foodspotting-ec2/reviews/2583807/thumb_600.jpg?1350442530

Pepperoni appears to be the same.  Smaller then norm and really tastes good.  Not Ezzo pepperoni is it?

Nate

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 10:21:29 PM »
Here is a photo of a Wedgewood Pizza. I grew up on this pizza and still love it. I have gone as far as to have family bring a few half cooked pizzas on the plane with them.

http://www.wedgewoodpizza.com
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 10:26:43 PM by TomN »

Offline steel_baker

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 10:29:59 AM »
Oh yes, I've had it before. It's considered "Ohio Valley Style Pizza". The Sicilian type crust is baked with sauce only and then topped with mozzarella after it comes out of the oven. Any additional toppings are put on & the pizza is put back in the oven for a short time to heat the extra toppings through. It is similar to DeCarlo's pizza in the Pittsburgh area, same style. If you want your toppings fully baked on the pie from the start, you need to let them know when you order it.

Police Station used to have a store in Zelienople for a short while but couldn't seem to make a go of it.

;D
steel_baker  :chef:

Offline pythonic

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 05:36:26 PM »
Oh yes, I've had it before. It's considered "Ohio Valley Style Pizza". The Sicilian type crust is baked with sauce only and then topped with mozzarella after it comes out of the oven. Any additional toppings are put on & the pizza is put back in the oven for a short time to heat the extra toppings through. It is similar to DeCarlo's pizza in the Pittsburgh area, same style. If you want your toppings fully baked on the pie from the start, you need to let them know when you order it.

Police Station used to have a store in Zelienople for a short while but couldn't seem to make a go of it.

;D

The crust and pepperoni at this place is very special.

pizzapan