Author Topic: Generic Chicago Thin Crust  (Read 76027 times)

Offline Jackitup

Re: Generic Chicago Thin Crust
« Reply #300 on: January 10, 2015, 11:04:52 PM »
I was jus' jerkin' yer chain.  It's cool.  This forum is known for the thread necro. 

and many of the old ones are well worth reading thru and deserve a little CPR now and then. Some really great threads in the archives and fun to see them brought back to life again!!
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”            -Mark Twain

Offline mrmojo1

• Supporting Member
  • pizza sans frontières
« Reply #301 on: January 10, 2015, 11:42:55 PM »
love this thread.  it was the one that got me into making Chicago thin crust that changed my pizza world!  thanks Loo!!  wherever you are!!!!!
"My Doctor says I swallow a lot of aggression.  Along with a lot of pizzas!!"

Offline RobDude

« Reply #302 on: April 28, 2015, 07:50:30 AM »
I might have missed it but, can someone tell me what cheese you'd typically put on top of a Chicago Thin style pizza?  Is it just Mozzarella? 

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #303 on: April 28, 2015, 08:13:43 AM »
I might have missed it but, can someone tell me what cheese you'd typically put on top of a Chicago Thin style pizza?  Is it just Mozzarella?

Yes, low moisture/part skim(LMPS) mozz. And many folks will blend that with another cheese to boost the flavor...provolone, cheddar, Gouda,to name a few.

;D  http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=20697.msg206261#msg206261
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 08:18:13 AM by Chicago Bob »
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline RobDude

« Reply #304 on: April 30, 2015, 05:02:13 PM »
  Yes, low moisture/part skim(LMPS) mozz. And many folks will blend that with another cheese to boost the flavor...provolone, cheddar, Gouda,to name a few.

;D  http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=20697.msg206261#msg206261

Thanks for the list.  I couldn't find provolone but I did find a 'Smoked Gouda'.  No idea if that is the same as Gouda.....it didn't seem to melt at all.  Look horrible.  didn't taste too bad :)  Live and learn.  I did play around with a few mozz's and white/yellow cheddar.