Author Topic: using the oven  (Read 817 times)

Offline jbrod074

• I Love Pizza!
using the oven
« on: April 21, 2013, 05:50:34 PM »
I have been in business for nine months now and it has been great. We only do takeout pizza but my customers really want wings. I do not have or want a deepfryer but the baking time is too long. Can anyone advise me on blanching and freezing and cooking times....? 

Thanks in advance

Offline moose13

Re: using the oven
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 05:43:45 PM »
IMHO, want wings? Gotta deep fry.
If i had a pizza joint, wings would definitely be on the menu.
Super cheap and easy to make.

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 01:35:38 AM »
Why knock yourself out deep frying when you can just quick bake the foster farms wings?  Pizzerias do it all the time and they are great wings.  Customers love them with their pizza.

http://www2.costco.com/Common/Search.aspx?Browse=1&whse=BD_767&topnav=bdoff&search=foster%20farms%20wings&N=0&Ntt=foster%20farms%20wings&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US

Best to you
TomN

Offline TomN

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 01:43:34 AM »
Another company that makes wings that are easy to prepare is called la Nova. Pizzerias use them as well. However, while they are fantastic wings, they cost  a lot more that Foster Farms. i recommend that you try them both for a taste test.

http://www.lanovawings.com/ordereze/default.aspx
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 01:45:29 AM by TomN »

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 07:19:03 PM »
I don't have a deep fryer, but I can make some pretty good wings in the home oven. The one secret I do is, to steam the wings for 10 minutes. This renders out some of the fat in the wings, which keeps them from smoking in the oven. After I steam the wings, they go into the fridge for 30 minutes to cool down. After that, I put them on a baking sheet lined with non stick aluminum foil at 425 degrees. I cook them between 30 or 40 minutes, turning once through cooking. I then toss them in the wing sauce. The texture and taste is almost the same as deep frying. I know this take too long in a commercial setting, but is great for the football party.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 07:23:36 PM by nick57 »

pizzapan