Author Topic: Electric Deck Ovens  (Read 1491 times)

Offline Gramsci

Electric Deck Ovens
« on: April 22, 2013, 10:47:59 AM »
Would appreciate any feedback suggestions on electric deck ovens. Would prefer one that has steam to also do my sub roll baking in.

Any thoughts on manufactures, price ranges, dealers etc.

I know all the arguments against electric. Truly, I do. But for this particular situation, I cannot go the gas route.

Thanks in advance, brothers and sisters with dough binding our forearm hairs together.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: Electric Deck Ovens
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 01:27:48 PM »
I havent met an electric oven I didnt like for pizza...  usually they have a more even bake which saves you from having to spin pies so much.         Definitely check out the bakers pride electrics.   You can deal with a pan in the oven for sub rolls rather than a dedicated steam injection if you have to.    They aren't cheap, but they are really great to bake in.   Check out apizza scholls

Good luck!   
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 01:58:27 PM by scott r »

Offline Gramsci

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 04:53:59 PM »
Thanks.

Offline gabaghool

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 07:00:37 PM »
AGREED.  AS a professional who was ignorant to electric ovens......I NOW realize that they, in many ways, are SUPERIOR to gas....which I NEVER would have thought...but thanks to reading this site and people like SCOTT.....I now hold them in reverence.....well, maybe not....but close

Offline GotRocks

• Trying to get financing sucks!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 03:25:17 PM »
I have a stack of Sveba-Dahlen classic pizza ovens, and they rock!
I was very weary of an electric oven at first because I have only ever used gas.
I can set deck heat, top heat, & front to rear differential independently to get everything perfect without much difficulty
A skinny cook is not to be trusted!

Offline gabaghool

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 01:40:14 PM »
I have a stack of Sveba-Dahlen classic pizza ovens, and they rock!
I was very weary of an electric oven at first because I have only ever used gas.
I can set deck heat, top heat, & front to rear differential independently to get everything perfect without much difficulty

Ive heard a ton of good things about these ovens.....but they are rare....where did you pick them up??

Thank you for your time.

Offline GotRocks

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 05:45:16 PM »
Ive heard a ton of good things about these ovens.....but they are rare....where did you pick them up??

Thank you for your time.

They were already in a building that we recently purchased, the original occupants here thought they would try to introduce a neopolitan'ish pizza to a very rural area about 12 years ago, they had the ovens  shipped across the atlantic ocean for the cost of $25,000USD (on top of their purchase price)
There is a place named "Gemini Baking Supply"

Offline shuboyje

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 07:23:54 PM »
There's been one cheap on detroit craigslist for months.  Just an FYI to any interested parties
-Jeff

Offline Pitzza

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 01:09:06 AM »
I used CTX Gemini in early 90's and I still rely on it for pizza baking.  :pizza:

Offline kdefay

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 09:04:21 PM »
I'm curious about the cost of running an electric oven vs. a gas oven.  I am currently using gas, but am interested in switching to electric.  I'm just concerned about what it might do to my electric bill.  What has been the experience of those who have switched from gas to electric in regards to operating expense? 

Offline GotRocks

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2014, 04:57:18 PM »
I'm curious about the cost of running an electric oven vs. a gas oven.  I am currently using gas, but am interested in switching to electric.  I'm just concerned about what it might do to my electric bill.  What has been the experience of those who have switched from gas to electric in regards to operating expense?

If it is 3-phase, it isn't really that bad. No if you're running single phase, it's gonna hurt.
I do not know the actual breakdown of the oven costs, because we also run large holding ovens, freezers coolers, etc

Offline souspizzaiolo

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 07:26:58 PM »
I've been eying the Pizzamaster series for my new shop. I found out about them at 2014 Pizza Expo and was very impressed. They get pretty pricy if they have to import your specific size from Sweden, but they easily look like the best operating and best value electric ovens I've seen. 

http://www.bakepartner.com/brochures_pdf.php?pdf=pizzamaster_brochure_english_electric_series_350_400_450_550_700_800_900.pdf

Offline PaulieFL

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 12:53:50 AM »

Thank you for your time.

Hi,
I just mentioned this in another post but these ovens can be had from old dunkin doughnut restaurants that may be remodeling. They don't use them anymore but there is still quite a few out there.
These are made in Sweden but they have a supplier of parts in Philadelphia Pa.
SEE hxxp://geminibe.com

Good luck
Paulie