Author Topic: Toss 'n' Fire..my mobile wood fire journey.  (Read 361 times)

Offline Mrdennycrane

• I Love Pizza!
Toss 'n' Fire..my mobile wood fire journey.
« on: September 27, 2014, 09:23:50 PM »
Over the past few months I have been researching, developing business plans and figuring out how to bring my vision/dream to a reality. When I was 14 I started my first job at a pizzeria as a bus boy, I spent 6 years learning everything in that place and how to master all of it. I went to culinary school followed by hospitality management school and cooked in a few restaurants then decided to go where the money was, restaurant management. I currently manage a 3 million dollar a year restaurant and miss cooking every single day.

This brings me to where I am today. I want to open a restaurant but don't have the financial resources or the ability to quit my job and take that plunge. So I thought after reading countless hours of information from this site and others about the mobile business which is a much cheaper start up be it a difficult one that I could start to follow that dream by opening a mobile pizzeria.

I'll use this thread to document my journey. I currently live in a part of New York State that in my opinion needs a product like this. I lived in Connecticut my whole life and was use to great pizza like Pepes and other local gems. I want to bring something I'm proud of to the masses.

I present Toss 'n' Fire, a mobile wood fire pizzeria. I have confirmed some spots in some busy local farmers markets and I've been talking to as many people as I can. My area is very new to the food truck/trailer scene only having maybe a total of 8-10 in operation. I've got my name on lists for some festivals and other happenings. I'm beyond excited to dive into this and make my dream a reality.

Posting some pictures of pizzas, the oven/unit we picked out and a logo I put together. I would really appreciate any likes on our Facebook page too www.facebook.com/tossnfirepizza

Planning to launch around middle to end of April. It will be part time for me as I'll be working my job to support my family and baby on the way but I'm bringing a good friend on board to help with day to day and hiring some local guys I met to do some part time work when we get to that point.

- Nick
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 09:51:18 PM by Mrdennycrane »

Offline Chaze215

Re: Toss 'n' Fire..my mobile wood fire journey.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 11:14:04 PM »
Nick, good luck with the new venture! There's a lot of work, a lot to learn and a lot of fun along the way. I'm finishing up my first full season here at the Jersey Shore. If you ever have any questions, I would be happy to help out the the best I can. Good luck!
PS....that's my oven/trailer (literally) in that first pic
Chaz

Offline Mrdennycrane

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 12:01:56 PM »
Thank you Chaze! Sent you a message. Have a meeting with our potential commissary tomorrow so hopefully have that locked up this week. Things are moving and I couldn't be more excited!

Offline Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 01:55:33 PM »
Sounds great. I'm not exactly sure where in Central New York you are, but I travel around fairly often and will hopefully get to try your pizza someday.

Offline Mrdennycrane

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 06:43:42 PM »
We're in the Syracuse area. I'll be sure to let you know if we're doing any events closer to Albany.

Offline Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 06:52:55 PM »
Sounds good. I wind up in Syracuse every so often too.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 12:38:19 PM »
Sounds Good Mr Denny,
Hope I was able to help you out a tiny bit  ;)  always here.

Best of luck !

John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline Mrdennycrane

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 08:04:24 PM »
Thanks John, you we're helpful in giving me lots of info and I really appreciated it.

I locked down a commissary kitchen at a bakery about 15 mins from where I live with TONS of space, 2 very large mixers and the fridge space I need. All the paperwork has been filed to make it official and get our name in New York State registered. More updates to come...