Author Topic: Mobile WFO operators...  (Read 1868 times)

Offline cnkymnky

Re: Mobile WFO operators...
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2013, 12:25:25 PM »
John, it's going incredibly well....man are we busy!....we do 10 inch pies. The one time we did 100 pies in an hour was a special event we did to feed the homeless, we only did 3 kinds of simple pies, a pepperoni, a sausage and a cheese, so dressing was simple...it was however quite the chore to keep up with the oven, had that 48" forno bravo packed to the gills, most of the time had 9 or 10 in at a time, that will definitely keep you on your toes...lol....would not want to do that all the time, but was a great day at the homeless shelter, we fed over 200 people in an hour, thought the line would never end ;D Had an event last night at a local brewery, another tonight at a very busy brew pub with a huge outdoor patio and then tomorrow the Wulapalooza Music Festival at Willamette University past history has shown there to be about 1000 people attending this event, we are the only food vendor, should be fun :-D...the Sunday back at the brewery. Then Tuesday back at Willamette University  for a private event for 60 people in the Environmental Development Department  Then it all starts back over next Thursday with basically the same schedule except Saturday being a local Flower Festival where again we will be the only food vendor. No rest for the wicked, the weary or the new business owner. Hope all is going well on the East Coast, wish you weren't so far away would love to pay you a visit and work an event with you. Good luck to you and keep that oven hot!

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2013, 12:55:21 PM »
John, it's going incredibly well....man are we busy!....we do 10 inch pies. The one time we did 100 pies in an hour was a special event we did to feed the homeless, we only did 3 kinds of simple pies, a pepperoni, a sausage and a cheese, so dressing was simple...it was however quite the chore to keep up with the oven, had that 48" forno bravo packed to the gills, most of the time had 9 or 10 in at a time, that will definitely keep you on your toes...lol....would not want to do that all the time, but was a great day at the homeless shelter, we fed over 200 people in an hour, thought the line would never end ;D Had an event last night at a local brewery, another tonight at a very busy brew pub with a huge outdoor patio and then tomorrow the Wulapalooza Music Festival at Willamette University past history has shown there to be about 1000 people attending this event, we are the only food vendor, should be fun :-D...the Sunday back at the brewery. Then Tuesday back at Willamette University  for a private event for 60 people in the Environmental Development Department  Then it all starts back over next Thursday with basically the same schedule except Saturday being a local Flower Festival where again we will be the only food vendor. No rest for the wicked, the weary or the new business owner. Hope all is going well on the East Coast, wish you weren't so far away would love to pay you a visit and work an event with you. Good luck to you and keep that oven hot!

Sounds like you guys are doing great out there! When did you start up? I'm going to be working an event with John tonight. I'm looking forward to it. I don't know how much help I will be but it should be fun!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 12:57:57 PM by Chaze215 »
Chaz

Offline cnkymnky

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2013, 01:04:24 PM »
Chaze, we started up for a limited few events last October, officially started up this year in February, haven't slowed down since. Wish i could be there with you and john tonight, i'm sure you guys will have a blast. And good luck to you in your new venture, you will have tons of fun, but be in for tons of work and long hours as well. Don't know if i could be of any help to you in any way, but i'm here if I can.

Offline csafranek

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2013, 01:16:14 PM »
Curious do you all have a three compartment sink on hand at your events or how do you all handle that? Thanks, Chad

Offline cnkymnky

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2013, 02:14:16 PM »
not required to have a 3 compartment sink at events, must have at commissary, which we do....must have hand wash facility at event, and enough utensils on hand at event to have extra in case needed due to dropped or whatever may happen that would render a utensil unusable without washing....at least that is the law in Oregon for a Class 3 mobile food cart which is how we are licensed.

Offline derricktung

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2013, 02:34:39 PM »
Cnkymnky - What's the weight of your doughs for a 10 inch pie?  I'm currently using 7.0 oz and barely making the ten inch mark, so I'm thinking about going to 7.5 to make it easier for those with less experience handling the dough... 

Csafranek - In Illinois, we need a "three compartment sink", but more specifically, a wash, soap, and sanitize at farmers markets.  From my discussion with one of our counties, they allow you to just have three buckets - One with water, one with soap, one with santizer - to serve as your three compartment.  And the you need a running water source for rinsing (a large cooler that has a spout) along with a bucket to receive the waste water.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2013, 03:02:31 PM »
Cnkymnky - What's the weight of your doughs for a 10 inch pie?  I'm currently using 7.0 oz and barely making the ten inch mark, so I'm thinking about going to 7.5 to make it easier for those with less experience handling the dough... 

Csafranek - In Illinois, we need a "three compartment sink", but more specifically, a wash, soap, and sanitize at farmers markets.  From my discussion with one of our counties, they allow you to just have three buckets - One with water, one with soap, one with santizer - to serve as your three compartment.  And the you need a running water source for rinsing (a large cooler that has a spout) along with a bucket to receive the waste water.
I am curious....if you have a wash bucket(soap), and a rinse bucket(just water), and a sanitizer bucket.....what is the "running water source" used for?  To rinse the sanitizer off?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 03:04:05 PM by Chicago Bob »
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2013, 03:07:02 PM »
I am curious....if you have a wash bucket(soap), and a rinse bucket(just water), and a sanitizer bucket.....what is the "running water source" used for?  To rinse the sanitizer off?

I quess hands. When I was competing in BBQ we also had to have a 3 stage wash station and a hand wash station. The water igloo with an on off faucet works great. I heated my water on a camp stove.

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2013, 03:16:22 PM »
Yes I have a 4 comp sink portable job on suncast  cabinet user it for Public events  or health inspector. Use wash bucket  7 gal fresh water as seen in my thread for private its more than adequate for cleaning up and keeping things neat. ulk of cleanup  doneback atcommisary kitchen.
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline cnkymnky

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2013, 04:25:12 PM »
Derrick, we now use a 7.5 ounce ball for our 10" pies...we too started out using a 7 ounce ball and were having some difficulty getting a full 10" pie out of it...after changing to a 7.5 ounce ball getting t he 10" pie is much easier. And our customers love it with a slightly thicker crust.  Not exactly the thin and crispy crust I started out trying to achieve but. It is what the customers at least in t.his neck of the woods prefer. And we have to give me what they want ;D

Offline cnkymnky

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2013, 04:32:12 PM »
I'm glad we do not have to have the 3 compartment sink on site in Oregon, have enough equipment to set. Up as it is, I do however have to upgrade my hand wash station to one with pressurized hot water. The county originally licensed us as a temporary restaurant in which a cambro gravity fed hand wash station was good to go, they have since determined that we should be classified as a class 3 mobile food cart which requires the upgraded hand wash system. T hey gave us until July 1st to get the new system...anyone have a good system they could recommend....I want something I can purchase and be good to go, I would build something myself, but I truly just do not have time.