Author Topic: Pieson propane oven  (Read 795 times)

Offline Piesonoven user NJ

Pieson propane oven
« on: May 31, 2013, 08:52:04 PM »
I've had a Pieson oven for just under 1 year and have great success with Neopolitan Style pizzas at home. I cook between 550 and 600 degrees from 4 to 5 minutes depending on thickness and toppings. I dont see any other users here but at 29 lbs and small enough to transport, I love it!

For those who want a closer look at some photos go to tumblr and search piesonovenusernj for a bunch of pics and a video. My family's old style of "shell" par baked pizzas is also there. Good for very windy conditions or driving rain. . I envy the heat of wood fired ovens but love the portability of my oven!

Most venues that allow tailgating won't bother you with a 20 lb propane tank. If your cooking pizzas give the security guy a slice!  :D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 03:45:55 PM by Piesonoven user NJ »

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
Re: Pieson propane oven
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 11:51:54 PM »
.... and have great success with Neopolitan pizzas at home. I cook between 550 and 600 degrees from 4 to 5 minutes ...

Some people are going to take an exception that you used the word "Neopolitan" pizza and 550 - 600 degrees; others will take exception the word "Neopolitan" pizza and 4 to 5 minutes cook time. Nothing wrong with either, but do you have some pics?  I'm sure they are tasty with that quickish bake time. :chef:
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 11:57:49 PM »
PiesOn Oven, Easy Set Up

Tailgating with Friends and PiesOn Oven

http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePiesonoven?feature=watch

I'm just not quite sold on it, but would love to see your results.
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 11:59:05 PM »
Some people are going to take an exception that you used the word "Neopolitan" pizza and 550 - 600 degrees; others will take exception the word "Neopolitan" pizza and 4 to 5 minutes cook time. Nothing wrong with either, but do you have some pics?  I'm sure they are tasty with that quickish bake time. :chef:
Maybe he meant 550-600 degrees Celsius  and 40-50 seconds.    ::)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline slybarman

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 08:59:42 AM »
Interesting gizmo and looks like a fun tailgate, but I gotta agree with the others those time are not neapolitan. When I started making pies and joined this site, I did not know how the different types of pizza were really defined and I am sure I confused some of the terms, so don't be disheartened. When it comes to pizza this is a highly educated and passionate crowd. All their hearts are in the right place and they have a lot of knowledge to share.

Online MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 09:43:22 AM »
is 20lb propane tank allowed at tailgating?
Bert,