Author Topic: About FrankieD  (Read 171 times)

Offline FrankieD

• I Love Pizza!
About FrankieD
« on: April 27, 2013, 11:23:32 AM »
I am a pizza making novice.  I started out baking pizza because I love "white" pizza with strong tasting cheeses and artichoke hearts.  I can't find what I want at most pizza shops so I decided to make my own.  I've been buying the raw dough pre-made at the supermarket.  I find most of that dough fairly good.  The first pizzas I made I just used one of my wife's cookie sheets and they turned out very good.  I thought I'd kick it up a step and bought a pizza stone and a peel.  I've had nothing but trouble with that.  I can't ever seem to get the dressed pizza off the peel and onto the stone in the oven without making a huge mess and wrecking the pizza in the process-- the dough gets crinkled.  Now, I've just bought a pizza screen as a solution, but I decided I needed to read more and experiment less.  So, here I am at pizzamaking.com.  Hope I can learn a thing or two about making pizza.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Re: About FrankieD
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 12:00:51 PM »
Welcome aboard FrankieD,
I like to use Bob's Red Mill semolina flour on my pizza peel...stuff is like mini ball bearings!
You'll like the screen; just give it a 'lil jerk an pull it out after a couple minutes if you need better browning.
Enjoy  :chef:

Bob
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"