Author Topic: "Like" posts  (Read 607 times)

Offline woodmakesitgood

• I Love Pizza!
Re: "Like" posts
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2014, 06:54:37 PM »
Nice work Steve!

>:D

Offline Chaze215

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2014, 09:34:19 PM »
Doesn't work in Tapatalk?
Chaz

Offline mitchjg

• Supporting Member
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2014, 04:24:26 PM »
Steve:

I noticed that in the "Profile Info", the likes are in chronological order - you need to scroll down to the most recent.  You may want to consider putting them in reverse chronological order if that is possible.

Thanks,
Mitch

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2014, 12:15:06 PM »
I'm not sure I like it... I find it a little jarring in its current form; it distracts me from the content of the post. If it were "blander" and over by the Ignore/Report buttons, it would be easier for me to 'like'. :)

Ok, I toned down the color and made the button a little smaller. You might have to refresh your browser page to pick up the changes.
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2014, 01:10:34 PM »
I enabled a new feature that will allow you to "Like" a post (very similar to the "Like" or "+1" features of other social media sites).

Hopefully this will help cut down on the terse one-liner "great pizza" type of posts which clutter up the forum.

Let me know how you "like" this mod.  :)

Steve, hitting the LIKE button to me is kinda like sending an anonomous letter. It kinda takes any personal recognition away from the community. If I get a like to one of my posts, I really don't know who sent it? I may be able to search out that info, but I probably won't. During the course of our membership here, I would assume that there are friendships made, even if we never actually meet the members in person. The like button takes the family association away for me.
I understand you want to "cut down on the terse one-liner "great pizza" type of posts which clutter up the forum", but is that reference really "terse"?
In the past there have been occasional attempts, IMHO, to try to disuade folks from becoming too chummy and social on this forum and perhaps that is a legitimate point of view to some members or administrators, but  to what effect?
Our lives on a day to day basis have already become mostly invisiable with much social media and nameless posts, I for one, like the more personal posts where I know who repied to my post and those I reply to can know it was me.
Thank you for hearing me out in perhaps a dissenting POV.

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2014, 01:19:33 PM »
You can click the link showing how many likes your post has and it will tell you who liked it. You can also see who liked your posts from your profile.

I'm not trying to discourage friendships... I'm trying to make it easier to provide positive feedback which will also cut down on the number of one word replies like "Great" or  :drool:

Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline mitchjg

• Supporting Member
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2014, 01:30:24 PM »
Mark, if you are not clear where the link is:

It is at the top left of your screen, 4 lines below "Hello mkevenson."  It says "Show Likes notification."  Tells you all you said you wanted - who clicked Like and what they liked - one section for you, one section for everyone.

- Mitch