Author Topic: High Gluten Flour !!  (Read 742 times)

Offline rosie603

• I Love Pizza!
High Gluten Flour !!
« on: August 05, 2013, 10:38:31 AM »
Good Morning Dough DOctor!! I am praying that u could help me... I am trying out this new flour, it is High Gluten. It has an awesome flavor but for some reason I can not seem to stop the bubbling, even when proofed for 2 hours. I heated up the water, I took out the eggs, and still get bubbles. I am not sure what step to take next besides cutting down the yeast, but am not sure but how much!
Please help Me!!
 :'(
Rosie

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
Re: High Gluten Flour !!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 10:48:15 AM »
Rosie;
Can you share your dough formula/recipe along with how you bake your pizzas with me?
If you are not cold fermenting the dough at least 24-hours this might also be a cause for the excessive dough bubbling. After mixing I like to form the dough into individual balls, and take them immediately to the fridge where they are allowed to ferment under refrigeration for at least 24-hours, but 48-hours is better in my opinion. Then remove the dough from the fridge, allow it to temper AT room temperature for 2 to 3-hours, then open the dough ball(s) into pizza skins, dress and bake. This generally produces a minimum of bubbling from a dough management standpoint, but the underlying cause might be something different possibly related to formulation of baking.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline rosie603

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 11:03:42 AM »
I sure can its not in bakers percentage though,

50lbs Augustus Truimph flour
382ounces of water at 105degree temp
separate 47oz of water for yeast
3oz of Active dry yeast
16ounces of sugar
8oz of salt
24ounces of Olive pomace oil

It is mixed in a dough mixer for 12 minutes, cut into balls bagged and stored in walkin cooler for at least 24 hours before use. I have used the dough after 48 hours and the bubbles seems to be almost worse. Before use I stretch the dough through a sheeter and proof for about 2 hours prior to making a pizza. I have a propane oven cooks at 500temp for 6 minutes. Hopes this helps

Offline The Dough Doctor

• Tom Lehmann
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 12:54:15 PM »
Rosie;
Here is what your dough formula looks like in bakers %:
Flour 100%
ADY 0.375%
Sugar 2%
Salt 1%
Oil 3%
Water 47.75%

Comments: For what you are doing, I think 0.375% ADY might be a little low, I'd suggest increasing it to 0.5% (4-ounces).
The salt is also on the low side at only 1% which might be hurting the flavor of the finished crust. My recommendation would be to increase the salt to 1.75% (14-ounces). Your water seems rather low for All Trumps flour. I would suggest increasing it to something in the 60 to 65% range (480 to 520-ounces).
You indicate that most of the water is hot (105F). A better temperature for the most part of your water would be 75 to 80F, with only about 16-ounces of the water reserved and heated to 105F for use in hydrating the ADY. This should give you a finished dough temperature in the 80 to 85F range. Take the dough balls directly to the cooler. To use the dough balls, remove them from the cooler and allow to temper AT room temperature for about 2-hours, then sheet the dough to only 2/3 of the finished diameter and finish opening the tough up to full diameter by hand. You should then be able to immediately dress and bake the skin without the need to allow it to proof on the screen as you presently do. If you will send me your e-mail address and I'll send you a copy of my Dough Management Procedure.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Offline rosie603

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 01:10:39 PM »
Thank you for your help I will try this with tomorrows batch and let u know ;D

pizzapan