Author Topic: A few pictures from Saturday's Huge event at Willamette University's Music Festi  (Read 1097 times)

Offline cnkymnky

A few pictures from Saturday's event, didn't get too many pictures because we were just too busy. Last picture is my daughter standing beside all the empty dough trays after we sold out....15 dough balls per tray for a total of 330 pizzas sold in 6 hours....Cheers everyone!

Offline Ev

Wow! That's awesome!

Offline Chaze215

Nice work!  What types of pies did you offer? 10"?
Chaz

Offline cnkymnky

Thanks Ev! and yes Chaze all were 10" pies....7.5 ounce dough balls....price per pie was between $6.50 for cheese only and $9.00 for our specialty pizzas

Offline csafranek

Wow! Great job! What is the name of your company?

Offline Serpentelli

• Supporting Member
Ray,

Those are some great looking pies!

Its impressive that you can get an exclusive audience for your pies --- hope that continues for you!

From an outsider's view, from a different market altogether I think that you could easily have sold the same number of pizzas and made another $1,000 for your efforts by simply charging more. They look that good.

But maybe you are limited in your ability to do that, and I would understand 100%

But I would gladly pay $10 for the cheese and $13 for the specialty pies and think I was cheating you out of your hard-earned money!

Great job!

John K

Offline cnkymnky

John K,
     Thank you for your kind words.....normally do get a bit more for our pies at a festival type event, this however was almost exclusively college age kids and was afraid of pricing myself out of business so to speak....we all know that most college kids don't have much cash ;D...and you are right it was awesome having a totally exclusive audience...the weather was terrific for this time of year in Oregon, in the mid 70's and sunny...a much larger crowd turned out than had been anticipated by the promoters...was told probably between 500-800 people and turned out to be according to them 1,200...we were the only food vendor, we could have easily sold another 100- 150 pies if we had brought the product.....will know better for next year...all in all was a very successful and profitable day so I have no complaints.... ;D

« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 03:54:41 PM by cnkymnky »

Offline cnkymnky

A shot from inside our booth out towards part of the crowd, Before it got busy :-D

Offline cnkymnky

csafranek, the name of our company is Fire`n Slice
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 04:02:57 PM by cnkymnky »

Offline cnkymnky

how about a Meatball sub?

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Ray,

Wow, everything looks great!  :chef:

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline cnkymnky

Thank you Norma, means a lot coming from you :D

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
i love your setup. looks like you realy cranked out a lot of beautiful pies. can you explain your make to oven flow.

Offline cnkymnky

With 5 people working the booth, which is what we had Saturday, the front counter girl takes the orders on the far right of the front counter (in the picture) and puts the order back on a check rail above the prep table. The girl on the right in the picture is standing in front of the stainless steel dough prep table where she stretches the dough and passes them to her left to my wife in front of the refrigerated prep table where my wife dresses the pies, she then sets them on the stainless steel work surface on the front left of my trailer where I, working the oven take them and cook them off...after they are done I transfer them one step away onto the cutting board at the end of the fron service table closest to the trailer where our 5th person slices them and gets them out to the proper person...there is another check rail on the work surface on my trailer where when my wife passes on the pies she also passes on the ticket so every step of the way everyone knows what is what and who it goes to...was a very smooth system for us...I hope that is what you were asking ;D

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
thanks for your explanation. what are the pizzas on when they get to the ss table,wood peels?

Offline cnkymnky

yes after they get stretched they are put on wooden peel, dressed handed off to oven person and then put in oven..exactly

Offline SquirrelFlight

• Who needs nuts?
Hey there, cnkymnky!

Not sure how I missed your postings before now.

I grew up in Salem, and it's nice to see some nice pictures of home   ;D

Some time in the next 2-3 weeks, I'll be packing up and moving to the Portland area (probably Tigard).  It'll be good to home again!

Offline cnkymnky

well an early welcome home to you squirrel flight....after you get back and get settled in, shoot us a message and maybe you can join us for pizza!

pizzapan