Author Topic: Artichoke Pizza NYC on Pizza Cuz  (Read 952 times)

Offline pizzaboyfan

• Supporting Member
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 05:38:32 PM by pizzaboyfan »

Offline YikesSJ

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Artichoke Pizza NYC on Pizza Cuz
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 06:23:10 PM »
Did you watch the show on Monday?  I really liked it!  I was seriously craving some pizza afterwards.  You can watch the first episode here if you don't get the cooking channel

http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/shows/pizza-cuz/watch-the-full-first-episode--pizza-cuz.html

Offline pizzaboyfan

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 07:58:51 PM »
I did watch it, on-line , and I did enjoy the show .
Those are two funny guys and I thought they did a great job of showcasing each pizzeria and the chefs, and I also had a craving.
I'm putting Apizza on my short list.

These two cousins have very similar personalities as two old friends of mine, also New Yorkers, that have done extremely well with an unlikely reality show, Tanked, about building unique aquariums.

Perry

Online scott123

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 08:37:04 PM »
Marone!  :-D

I get the feeling that these guys are pushing their NY Italian-ness a tiny bit for comedic effect.  When the camera shuts off, I don't think they're saying "pardon me, do you have any grey poupon,"  but, at the same time, I don't think they're that over the top in real life.

It was a good show.  It's nice to see Brian back on TV again. Keste's been open 4 years, so I find it a bit unbelievable that the cousins have never had his burrata, but maybe they were playing like it was their first time for dramatic effect.

I was reading their itinerary for the whole series.  It looks like they're doing Keste and Forcella, but I don't see Paulie Gee on the list.  It seems like the series focuses a lot on great and unique.  I think they dropped the ball big time by not making the trip to Greenpoint.

Offline betweentheslices

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 02:57:40 PM »
i definitely can't wait for the girl power episode on june 3rd! i love that they featured women and the truffled farm egg pizza from philadelphia sounds to die for! :drool:

Offline Godfella

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 06:58:47 AM »
I enjoy this program and appreciate that these guys go to places we have never really seen before.  It seems like all the great pizza shows will always focus on the famous shops that we have seen countless times.  I know the big famous shops deserve the attention as they have worked hard to hone their craft and reputation but it is nice to see those other great places that got lost in the shuffle.  Mangiamo!   
"Be Generous With Your Time, Talent & Treasure."