Author Topic: Weed-za  (Read 1484 times)

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
Re: Weed-za
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2015, 09:57:10 PM »
  You could just drizzle it on the pie like olive oil at the end of bake. But, each slice should have the same amount.  Me thinks you should just stick to a great pie, and prices..."They will come." I do believe that re-heating the oil will diminish the effects of the drug. The effects of edible drugs are different depending on when was the last time you ate. If you just ate a lot and then had a slice, the effects will take longer and may be less intense. But if you have not eaten in 8 hours or so, the effects may come on quicker and more intense. Just like booze/alcohol. So, you may get a few customers that say they did not feel very high. But you get people looking for a free buck in any business. I hope it works out for you, you are in for a lot of paperwork and paying lawyer fees. Sounds like you know what to expect. 

Offline TheRailroadBulls

• Ahhhhh... Fatboy Style!!
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2015, 11:54:26 AM »
I think you guys missed the part where I said that NONE of this can happen until 2016.... and at the END of 2016 at that. What you're all saying is true, but it's only true in the 2015 marketplace.

Also, I think there is some confusion as to what I meant about keeping my costs low. My taxes will absolutely NOT be a problem, as my business model is based on Di Fara (2 employees, short hours to keep operating costs down, no dine-in customers..) in Brooklyn, which I think we'd all agree is a very successful business.... and he's paying NYC rent! In Michigans UP where I intend to open, people move at a much slower pace as well.... so JUST like Di Fara, where people will gladly wait up to an hour for a pizza, I am not concerned with the fast turn around of the big cities. If you goto ANY restaurant in a town like Houghton or Hancock, you will NEVER hear people complaining about wait times, or have people honk at you in traffic.... it really is a different world. That being said: There is nowhere in those towns not accessible to foot traffic... everybody walks or rides bikes at least SOME of the time... and it's a college town... so I have several tricks up my sleeve in regards to increasing my business by opening in the heart of the fraternity district, and opening late at night, and closing in the wee hours. Basically, you guys have to keep in mind that this isn't some passing whim of mine. I have researched not only my business, but my operating expenses (although, I admit, you can never account for all the surprises of a new business), my food costs, and especially the actual city (I moved there for over 6 months SPECIFICALLY to get to know the city and where the people are and what hours they keep. Including hanging out at the 3 competitors I'd have.).

The weed thing... that is a passing fancy... if it happens, great, but if not... I don't really care. Regardless, my business model is sound, and has been proven by several shops out of state. As far as I know though, I'd be the first pizza shop in Michigan that is more of a fast food type place then a fast casual place.... and i'd be using ingredients and techniques far superior to any Little Ceasars Hot and Ready crap, but only marginally more expensive.... say 10-15%.

Give me a LITTLE bit of credit guys. I've got this. ;-)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 11:56:21 AM by TheRailroadBulls »
"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice." - Henry Ford

Offline TheRailroadBulls

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2015, 11:57:43 AM »
Better consider the temperature that pie is cooked at. 
At 900 degrees, anything worthwhile is surely vaporized.

This is correct. THC burns at a relatively low temp. Which is why flavor is so important, since the oil would need to go on raw AFTER baking... so the flavors would be very clear and not mixed into the rest of the pie.

Offline TheRailroadBulls

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2015, 11:58:42 AM »
Lay low from the pot for 3 days....and then rethink this.   8)

Bob, I haven't smoked weed in just over two weeks. ;-) That's truth too.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2015, 12:02:42 PM »
Bob, I haven't smoked weed in just over two weeks. ;-) That's truth too.

Well then....maybe you should.  ;D
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline TheRailroadBulls

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2015, 12:04:15 PM »

Well then....maybe you should.  ;D

Make up your mind Bob! haha  :-D

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2015, 12:07:58 PM »
Make up your mind Bob! haha  :-D

Be careful what you wish for.... >:D
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline jaywillie

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2015, 06:55:56 PM »
I might be wrong, but i wouldn't count on a weed pizza shop.
As I understand it Colorado is or has  already  regulated the edible market to assure a consistent dosage, and childproof packaging to prevent edibles from being consumed by children.
Are you planning a 21 and over pizza parlor ?

This times 100. Here in Oregon, where pot will be legal come this summer, there's been lots of publicity about "childproofing" edibles and Colorado's problems with same. I would think that weed pizza would be highly unlikely to be approved by any regulatory authority. Dosage is going to be highly controlled in all edibles, so there is no danger of overdose, for children or adults.

Offline TheRailroadBulls

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2015, 09:59:52 AM »
This times 100. Here in Oregon, where pot will be legal come this summer, there's been lots of publicity about "childproofing" edibles and Colorado's problems with same. I would think that weed pizza would be highly unlikely to be approved by any regulatory authority. Dosage is going to be highly controlled in all edibles, so there is no danger of overdose, for children or adults.

I used to live in Portland, and then Hood River.... and what you just said here scares me. I haven't heard about this childproofing thing... but, Oregon is one of the most liberal (if not THE most) states in the nation... so, based on what you're saying here... that does not bode well for Michigan. :-/
 ::)

Offline parallei

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2015, 07:44:05 PM »
I used to live in Portland, and then Hood River.... and what you just said here scares me. I haven't heard about this childproofing thing... but, Oregon is one of the most liberal (if not THE most) states in the nation... so, based on what you're saying here... that does not bode well for Michigan. :-/
 ::)

I'm in Colorado.  Liberal or not, controlling dosages in edibles just makes sense.  If you can get motivated enough to pay attention to what is going on in various states, you'd find out that recent studies in Colorado have found that THC levels reported by recreational/"medical" dispensaries have mostly come in low.  I'm all for people being able to purchase legal pot.  However, I'd be pissed off it wasn't the strength it was supposed to be.  In this State, it is supposed to be regulated like alcohol……90 proof is 90 proof, right?

Do some research.  You could be less "scared" if you get an idea of what is really going on.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 07:45:49 PM by parallei »

Offline woodmakesitgood

• You gots to cook it strong!
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2015, 09:46:51 PM »
I'm in Colorado.  Liberal or not, controlling dosages in edibles just makes sense.  If you can get motivated enough to pay attention to what is going on in various states, you'd find out that recent studies in Colorado have found that THC levels reported by recreational/"medical" dispensaries have mostly come in low.  I'm all for people being able to purchase legal pot.  However, I'd be pissed off it wasn't the strength it was supposed to be.  In this State, it is supposed to be regulated like alcohol……90 proof is 90 proof, right?

Do some research.  You could be less "scared" if you get an idea of what is really going on.

Does that mean the OG Dank listed at 23% THC is probably more like 15% ?

I bet there is a lot of variability in the testing results, from the inherent uncertainty in the analytical method (probably HPLC), and in the non homogeneity of the flower samples to be tested.
Testing alcohol for proof is a lot simpler.

But they should do the best they can with dosages for edibles. If I were trying a sample cookie that I thought was a single dose, it would be very dismaying to later find out it was actually 5 doses or more. Edibles are no joke.   :o

Testing a liquid extract for THC content would a lot more reliable than testing flowers...who knows, maybe they do use a homogenous liquid extract to make edibles for retail.  ???
Charles

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2015, 09:57:44 PM »
Not sure I understand some of this discussion. For recreational purposes, what is the allure of combining pot and food. Does pot make the food taste better? Does food make the pot more enjoyable? Why not just smoke your legal joint and eat your delicious food, separately or at the same time as you desire?

Sometimes I use big words that I don’t fully understand in an effort to make myself sound more photosynthesis. - @itjenlawrence

Offline woodmakesitgood

• You gots to cook it strong!
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2015, 10:45:31 PM »
Not sure I understand some of this discussion. For recreational purposes, what is the allure of combining pot and food. Does pot make the food taste better? Does food make the pot more enjoyable? Why not just smoke your legal joint and eat your delicious food, separately or at the same time as you desire?

Edibles can have provide a very different effect/sensation than from smoking a joint, often much stronger...its not for me though.

Turning a retail slice of pizza into an edible really doesn't make much sense to me, for reasons of taste, liability, dosage etc...
Charles

Offline TheRailroadBulls

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2015, 12:47:09 PM »
Edibles can have provide a very different effect/sensation than from smoking a joint, often much stronger...its not for me though.

Turning a retail slice of pizza into an edible really doesn't make much sense to me, for reasons of taste, liability, dosage etc...

Everything you said here is correct and agreeable with me.

I have NO intention of making ANY pizza into an edible. HOWEVER... if the legality changes, and just looking at the raw figures that the legal pot industry turns out in Cali, Colorado, Washington, AND here.... I'd be absolutely out of my mind to not offer some kind of option to take advantage of the fact that many folks enjoy edibles. I am with you @Woodmakesitgood, I don't enjoy edibles, or their effects, very much either... but a GOOD tasting evoo to have on hand for an option (especially when considering that this ONE "topping" alone, would EASILY sell for 5-10 dollars.... and I base that price on professional experience of working at a Marijuana Dispensary AS a budtender, which is the guy who actually sells the stuff) would be a HUGE boon to potheads, or even people who just want to try something new. I also intend to be a by the slice shop, since I am looking at heavy foot traffic areas, and small towns where most people walk at least SOME (if not all) of the time, so I won't run a very high risk of accidently giving a "medicated" pizza to the wrong customer or vice versa.

I'm a severe realist. I'm not a stoner by any stretch of the word, and I am not someone interested in taking risks or skirting the law (I USED to be when I was a kid haha).... but, I feel that in todays business world, you HAVE to explore every opportunity to make sure that you stand out. The pizza business is far from being an exception.... considering that in most states, there are between 2 and 5 pizza shops per 10k people. Which doesn't SOUND bad... until you're in a city of 20,000 people with 8 pizza shops... then all of a sudden you realize, you have competition every other block!

Offline TheRailroadBulls

Offline TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2015, 05:02:15 PM »
Pizza is not bread. Craig's Neapolitan Garage

pizzapan