Author Topic: My Protégé  (Read 854 times)

Offline acbova

• Supporting Member
My Protégé
« on: May 04, 2013, 08:46:17 PM »
I am thinking of quitting before I get started.  My daughter had to do a project for her culinary arts class and chose naturally enough a meal with pizza.  She did very well and I guess she is hired. 

« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 08:54:50 PM by acbova »

Offline f.montoya

Re: My Protégé
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 07:31:18 AM »
Beautiful! And the pizza looks pretty good too.  :)

Offline acbova

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 10:27:51 AM »
To keep on topic a bit, this was the same formula as before with 70% hydration.   I'm not sure of the dough handling but fermentation was I think 8 hrs bulk in the fridge, 8 hrs bulk at 65F, 14hrs balled in the fridge, 4 hrs 65-70F.

The dough looked like it handled much better then all room temp fermentation.    There was one really well stretched dough that was a bit overloaded that got stuck on the peel, but with some rice/wheat flour mix we were able to get it moving and into the oven.   

She even did shot the peel under a few pizzas to pick them up like I've seen at various places but never had the guts to try myself. 

She did really well. 

Offline f.montoya

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 11:08:39 AM »
To keep on topic a bit, this was the same formula as before with 70% hydration.   I'm not sure of the dough handling but fermentation was I think 8 hrs bulk in the fridge, 8 hrs bulk at 65F, 14hrs balled in the fridge, 4 hrs 65-70F.

The dough looked like it handled much better then all room temp fermentation.    There was one really well stretched dough that was a bit overloaded that got stuck on the peel, but with some rice/wheat flour mix we were able to get it moving and into the oven.   

She even did shot the peel under a few pizzas to pick them up like I've seen at various places but never had the guts to try myself. 

She did really well.

Actually, I''m going to make another YouTube vid showing a pretty easy technique you can employ for transferring the pie to the peel, acbova. Why it took me so long to discover/figure out I don't know, but it is pretty easy and impressive to your guests.

Regardless, your kids are damn lucky to have you as a father. "So...my dad has a pizza oven that can reach a 1000+ degrees. Tell me about your dad."  ;D

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 02:12:04 PM »
Great looking pies... What's the toping on the second pie (besides onion)?
Bert,

Offline acbova

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 08:50:50 PM »
Great looking pies... What's the toping on the second pie (besides onion)?
It's fresh mozz, pistachio, red onion, olive oil and rosemary.  I love that pizza.

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 10:48:57 PM »
It's fresh mozz, pistachio, red onion, olive oil and rosemary.  I love that pizza.

That sound reaaly good... Thanks for sharing
Bert,

pizzapan