Author Topic: Pulled Prosciutto, thoughts???  (Read 407 times)

Offline Jackitup

Pulled Prosciutto, thoughts???
« on: April 19, 2014, 04:08:58 PM »
So I seen this on Diners Drive-ins and Dives the other nite and my mouth started watering. He was at a place (Pizzeria Napoletana in TX) that did a pulled prosciutto pizza that actually looked great. Now as I remember there were mixed reviews on this place mentioned here, but the pulled prosciutto thing got my curiosity going. Soooo, 3 chunks of prosciutto on a very slow simmer of fresh chicken stock from chicken thighs yesterday and will try this on later today as a practice run for Easter pies to take to my ma's tomorrow. Got 4 balls of GM 00 dough going and will also be trying that cultured cream thingy that Chris has been showing off here http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=29303.0 Made some yesterday and if it survives my repeated visits with a spoon in my hand will make it on some pies tonite and tomorrow!!!  :drool:

jon
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline Jackitup

Re: Pulled Prosciutto, thoughts???
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 03:25:57 AM »
here's the pulled prosciutto tossed with the chicken stock it was simmered in and ended up a reduction by 10 before it got tossed with the meat, almost like coated with gelitan sauce. The pics up the skins as they were topped with basil oil sauce, tomatows, onions, grilled chicken, mozz, prov, swiss, mushrooms and prosciutto and the last pie has the cultured cream because I forgot on the 1st one. Then an upskirt. Great practice run for tomorrow

jon

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 03:30:26 AM »
m

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 09:41:36 AM »
Nice near-perfect char on that upskirt.
Pizza is not bread.

Offline Jackitup

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 05:30:57 PM »
The 2nd of 2 I made about noon for Easter Feast at ma's house. Cultured cream went on last......because I almost forgot it, but found I prefer it that way anyway, VERY good!

jon